Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burgundy. ..Plum...Idk  (Read 8774 times)

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
Burgundy. ..Plum...Idk
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:26:22 PM »
Picked this up today...cleaned a little, thinking it was burgundy, but the more I look, them more I wanna say Plum
EI code Mt

It's rough, but it'll make a decent cooker either way.
The pictures don't show the purpleish hue I see.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Re: Burgundy. ..Plum...Idk
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
not a plum!  i'd say thats the burgundy color.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:35:34 PM by MaxBobcat »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »
Looks exactly like the EO Burgundy MT I recently grabbed. Awesome find!!!  Does look like Plum in fluorescent light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »
Plum was only a 2000/2001 color(?)

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Thanks Guys...Burgundy it is....stay tuned for....modifications

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »
Yeah those don't come up often. The color I believe IS burgundy. They offered them in 1997 but it sure about before or after. Jeff K has one too. I love this color MT.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 03:38:45 PM »
Not to hijack the thread but this makes me wonder if my MT is red or Burgundy. It's a P code, what colors were offered in '93?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 07:01:33 PM »
Not to hijack the thread but this makes me wonder if my MT is red or Burgundy. It's a P code, what colors were offered in '93?

Hijack away. ..post a pic

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
Nice score! Burgundy color is lot different than Red or Red mist MT.

This pic is  from The Weber Master Touch History.  Red on the left and the burgundy between blue and green.

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 07:46:54 PM »
I thought burgundy and plum were the same, plum being a nickname like brownie for copper mist or lime for, well, lime.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »
Well shit...now there is another color I'm after. My goal is to have my backyard look like a bag of skittles with all the colors

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Rollin coal

26" 2010 AD Code (Black), 22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” 2018 CB (Crimson),22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »
I thought burgundy and plum were the same, plum being a nickname like brownie for copper mist or lime for, well, lime.

No, there is a distinct difference:

@Jeff's grills as I don't know what we decided the names of them are.

Brick Red and Crimson are easier to differentiate in pictures.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 09:40:36 PM »
@pbe gummi bear;  Help !!!

From our Performer History pages; "... the SS performer had an integrated, removable  thermometer located in the lid handle.  Colors offered in Gen 1 include Black, Red, Red Mist, Dark Green, Dark Blue, Plum, and Grey.  "

From our Master Touch History pages;  "In addition to green, blue, and black, the Master Touch was also offered in red, red mist, copper mist, grey and burgundy. The model was only offered in the 22.5” size. Weber produced the Gen 1 Master Touch in the US from 1992 until 1999, at which time both the BAR-B-KETTLE and the Master Touch were discontinued."
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 10:50:36 PM »
@pbe gummi bear;  Help !!!

From our Performer History pages; "... the SS performer had an integrated, removable  thermometer located in the lid handle.  Colors offered in Gen 1 include Black, Red, Red Mist, Dark Green, Dark Blue, Plum, and Grey.  "

From our Master Touch History pages;  "In addition to green, blue, and black, the Master Touch was also offered in red, red mist, copper mist, grey and burgundy. The model was only offered in the 22.5” size. Weber produced the Gen 1 Master Touch in the US from 1992 until 1999, at which time both the BAR-B-KETTLE and the Master Touch were discontinued."

Uh, I'm not the best person to ask for this because I never had the patience to track the nuances of when these colors where available when and for what model. It's the source of much debate! I definitely have seen a Plum SS performer and a burgundy Master Touch but I don't recall seeing the vice versa. Plum IS available for regular OT 18's and 22's. I believe the grill in the first post is a burgundy/maroon and NOT the plum/purple/aubergine/eggplant color.

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 11:11:03 PM »
Uh, I'm not the best person to ask for this because I never had the patience to track the nuances of when these colors where available when and for what model. It's the source of much debate! I definitely have seen a Plum SS performer and a burgundy Master Touch but I don't recall seeing the vice versa. Plum IS available for regular OT 18's and 22's. I believe the grill in the first post is a burgundy/maroon and NOT the plum/purple/aubergine/eggplant color.

@pbe gummi bear  I hear you.  I now believe that either our documentation needs a review or Weber played fast and loose with their nomenclature.  My SSP is called plum in our doc's, but it looks like the light burgundy of the later MT.  Of course, the fruit plum comes in both burgundy and purple based on variety :) .  In any case, that's all of the conjecture I can handle this late at night.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".