Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: One touch on 18 question  (Read 901 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
One touch on 18 question
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:09:28 AM »
My bottom one touch damper is in the closed position when it is in the middle between the legs (the lever). And open when all the way against either leg. My other one touch kettles are opposite. Does this mean the one touch was installed incorrectly or is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: One touch on 18 question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:28:15 AM »
Sounds like an installation error. Designed to be against leg when "shut down". Pull handle bar out, spin OT 180degrees, reinsert handle & it should be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »
Maybe the blades are in the wrong order. 1 on bottom, 2 middle and 3 on top. I think 2 goes left and 3 is right.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:23:05 AM »
It's a thumb screw type. I wonder what my chances are of successfully removing the thumbscrew. It doesn't look rusted. No go with bare hands. I put some penetrating oil on it and I'll try again in 15. I should probably leave well enough alone.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 07:55:30 AM »
Got it. Pb blaster is great stuff. I think it was 180 off and sweeps in wrong order.  Anyways it's correct now and I can go back to work. [emoji16]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 07:56:36 AM »
Good to know about the PB blaster, I haven't tried it yet. Good job on the fix.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »
It's a thumb screw type. I wonder what my chances are of successfully removing the thumbscrew. It doesn't look rusted. No go with bare hands. I put some penetrating oil on it and I'll try again in 15. I should probably leave well enough alone.

Does it have the ash catcher? If you can't get it off, try pulling the legs out and then moving the handle between the two other legs. I can't do the geometry in my head to make sure this works. Worst case, just put a big bend in the handle so it's aligned to where you want it. You can do this right by the thumbscrew and you won't notice it at all once it's upright
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 09:08:49 AM »
Gotta love pb blaster.