Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: rotisserie motor whine  (Read 955 times)

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
rotisserie motor whine
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »
I fired up the rotisserie today for a trip-tip and when i flipped the switch, the motor started whining.  I'm glad it was only 15 degrees out so I went ahead with the cook.  The motor held up but was still pretty noisy at the end of the half hour cook.  Any suggestions?  Do I just need to clean and lube inside the motor?  Is that even possible?  Should I just get a new one?  Thanks in advance!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: rotisserie motor whine
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »
I just recently opened the cases on both of mine, four screws, cleaned some gunk out and some fresh lube... don't know if it helped but it didn't hurt. Not sure what your "whine" sounded like but mine have a whine to them also.... I think.  lol  FWIW.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Cellar2ful

Re: rotisserie motor whine
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »

My friend had one that started to whine.  It gave out in the middle of spinning her Thanksgiving turkey. She called me and I was able to run over and lend her my spare rotisserie motor. I have always had a spare. My guess is it breathing the "death rattle".
"Chasing Classic Kettles"