Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Second pizza cook.  (Read 1154 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Second pizza cook.
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »
The work crew was talking about pizza last week and my buddy was insistent that I try Trader Joe's pre-made dough. It's kind of a haul for me to shop there so I often don't go there. He surprised me with the garlic herb and their regular dough. I don't have any of the real tools for pizza. No peel, no stone, no pizza kettle. I used the airbake pans again, baskets on the cooking grate to elevate the pan and two half chimneys of Stubbs in the SnS. Only real problem was the heat. I was only running at 450 lid temp which I attribute to the charcoal being left outside picking up moisture.  I don't do pizza often, probably because it's a pain in the ass without the right tools. Plain cheese, it turned out pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Second pizza cook.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
That looks really good without any proper pizza tools. I have given up after few failed attempts with just the pizza stone.  This could all change after Kettle Pizza Deluxe next week.

Get yourself a Kettle Pizza Deluxe. $40 at Walmart.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:15:57 AM »
Shit. Looks good from here. Wash it down with a few beers. That's a good night!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »
Thanks fellas. I don't go to Walmart but I might swing by one today and see if they have any.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 04:47:27 AM »
Looks good. I have only used pizza que once and haven't tried it without. My guess is I could make as good of pizza without the accessory BUT the accessory is so much fun being able to see the pizza and the fire and play with a pizza peel.  I really like it. Kettle pizza looks so much cooler. I'll probably pick one up sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 08:13:54 AM »
Looks good to me!  You can see where the cheese was bubbling which is something I really look for.  I'd just keep on doing what you're doing unless you want an entirely new hobby in which case get some pizza attachments.  Unless you have a need to make multiple pizzas per cook it looks like you are doing just fine!!!!!  I'd eat it!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:25:54 AM »
Thanks Mike. I've seen your work so I'll take it as a compliment. My issue is the wife thinks it takes too long on the grill. Just use the oven she says. If I had a KP would it be faster?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
Thanks Mike. I've seen your work so I'll take it as a compliment. My issue is the wife thinks it takes too long on the grill. Just use the oven she says. If I had a KP would it be faster?

Still takes time to get the grill setup and to temp, but only takes me 3-5 minutes to cook a pizza once the grill is ready.  So you can fire off 3-4 pizzas in the time it would take to make one in the oven.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!