Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picking up something special today  (Read 7379 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Picking up something special today
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2017, 05:37:50 AM »
Honestly, I'd clean it, cook on it and then replace it with the metal table upgrade. I don't remember who here has the gen 2 black with the upgrade, but that damn thing is SHARP looking. The gen 2 frame and that table are paired perfectly. The upgrade is on my list this year. Also, @Cellar2ful had a situation where he sanded a dingy table and refurbished it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »
I'll be able to use the gas assist to light the chimney for the 26er. Most likely what I'll be doing on a lot of cooks but my smaller cooks, I'll use the performer to grill on as well.

Exactly.  This weekend I was cooking for 9 and was running two grills.  Used the performer to fire up a chimney of coals, moved it to another grill and started a second chimney. 

Congrats on your first performer.  I have the same one (black 2009) that has been a solid workhorse since new.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Cellar2ful

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
Honestly, I'd clean it, cook on it and then replace it with the metal table upgrade. I don't remember who here has the gen 2 black with the upgrade, but that damn thing is SHARP looking. The gen 2 frame and that table are paired perfectly. The upgrade is on my list this year. Also, @Cellar2ful had a situation where he sanded a dingy table and refurbished it.

I wrote a table restoration article, detailing the steps and materials needed.  It should be posted soon -  @Troy
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Picking up something special today
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »

I wrote a table restoration article, detailing the steps and materials needed.  It should be posted soon -  @Troy

Would like to see that!

I'm giving some consideration to trying plasti dip

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Nice, congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »
@HoosierKettle- I think the article might get posted today.  This is a table I just restored on a Gen 2 that is featured in the article. It had pretty bad scratches in it along with the stains that would not wash off.

Before                                                                                                                                                          After

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
Very much looking forward to this article @Cellar2ful
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Cellar2ful

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »
Thanks @Cellar2ful

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2017, 03:15:02 PM »
Very nice write up! Would a shop vac be ok to clean up the dust as you go?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.