Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's this worth, Updated!  (Read 2397 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
What's this worth, Updated!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 04:49:39 AM »
Stop obsessing if it was worth 50. You did good. I've paid $30 for just a lid bail and another $30 for a bezel and lid therm from ereplacement parts.  $50 is nothing compared to how much use you will get out of this. Even if you bought the $68 table it would still be worth it imo. Anything other than basic kettles are rare in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
Re: What's this worth, Updated!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »
Stop obsessing if it was worth 50. You did good. I've paid $30 for just a lid bail and another $30 for a bezel and lid therm from ereplacement parts.  $50 is nothing compared to how much use you will get out of this. Even if you bought the $68 table it would still be worth it imo. Anything other than basic kettles are rare in my area.

I took it all apart last night and cleaned it all up except the kettle itself, that will be todays project if I can make some time.  I was able to "push" the dent out on the lid and it looks fine except for the little bit of porcelain chips around the handle.  I am still undecided on if I should call Weber and get a new table or just make a wood one.  Either way I will figure that part out.  So far I am very pleased with this purchase.  More photos to follow after I get the kettle cleaned up.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 05:38:13 AM »
I'm pleased with your purchase too[emoji51], these OTPs have so much potential.  I parted out a 22"OTP a few months ago, maybe @Indy82z can make a template for you.   Good luck and have fun. 

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »
Ikea has some decent cheap butcher blocks you could use.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »
Ikea has some decent cheap butcher blocks you could use.

Your reading my mind.  I was thinking butcher block was going to be my choice for the table.  My woodworking skills are not the greatest but I will take my time and get it done.  I can use my metal Performer table for a template.  I did not realize they were the same except for the screw holes until I read some threads this weekend.  I would love a metal table on it but I don't want to spend that much if I can avoid it. 

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »
I called Weber CS yesterday and they were kind enough to take care of me and send me a new table for less than it would have cost me to make one myself so I went that route.  I am still cleaning up the lid but here is how she sits at the moment.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 09:24:04 AM »
I called Weber CS yesterday and they were kind enough to take care of me and send me a new table for less than it would have cost me to make one myself so I went that route.  I am still cleaning up the lid but here is how she sits at the moment.

Awesome.  What a difference....and they still had the reinforced plastic ones! 
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 10:39:35 AM »
Yeah it was not my first choice to have another plastic one but it will be taken care of so it should last a long time.