Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy National Pizza Day!  (Read 3474 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Happy National Pizza Day!
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »
NATIONAL PIZZA DAY!!!  Got a pizza rack and more peels so I can spread a bunch of pizzas then have them ready to fire off one after another.  This was the first time I let everyone make their own pizza and it was a big success.  Also my first pizza with eggs.  Eggs were a bit over cooked.  They looked runny still but weren't. 

I missed some pics but think I got most of the 6 pizzas at one point. 

Time to sit down, enjoy a beer with my feet up and get caught up on everyone else's posts tonight. 

Happy National [emoji487] Day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Happy National Pizza Day!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »
Awesome cook!  Where did you get that rack for your peels?  What a great space saver.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:19:50 PM »
Damn dude. Those pies look amazing! I really need to get on the pie train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »

Do it man!  You will love it and get obsessed with it.  It's alot of fun!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:15:31 AM »
Damn @MikeRocksTheRed those are awesome I love the rack now all you need is to get boxes made with your name on them
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 08:27:26 AM »

Just be warned, it becomes and obsession of its own!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 03:16:11 PM »
Wow dude awesome!
I so wish my wife would let me eat more pizza...

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
Your passion for the pizza is contagious Mike! Your new peel/box rack is pretty slick too! Just curious, how do you store your dough, while it is proofing?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:52:33 PM by Jason »

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »
You're pizzas always look awesome. Where did you get those boxes? Those look pretty damn sweet.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »
Your passion for the pizza is contagious Mike! Your new peel/box rack is pretty slick too! Just curious, how do you store your dough, while it is proofing?

I just let it rise for about an hour and a half in glass bowls in the oven, covered in plastic wrap. 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »
You're pizzas always look awesome. Where did you get those boxes? Those look pretty damn sweet.

I got them on Amazon.  Pack of 50.  I don't remember what they cost.  Will probably price them at the place I got my rack if I need more.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 05:35:33 PM »
I just let it rise for about an hour and a half in glass bowls in the oven, covered in plastic wrap.

Thanks Mike, that's just about the same as I do. I'm trying to justify the need for a proofing box, to save space when doing more than a few dough balls.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »
@Jason  - If you need me to edit my previous response then you can edit yours I can say I have a proofing box and its amazing! 

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 11:59:25 AM »
Looks like a great pizza cook, Mike! Been a while since posting any here but you might appreciate this. We were out of town just yesterday in a very large city in the south. Found ourselves at an multiple award winning and highly acclaimed place known for its authentic Neapolitan wood fired oven pizza. Well, ordered the Margherita, and was sorely disappointed. Not quite enough mozzarella for my taste, but much more importantly, outside crust charred before the bottom crust got crisp. I guess they just had a newbie that was a bit of a pyro...lol, but it just went to show that as you well know, cooking pizza is a lot more than just having the perfect setup, like having to have the baking steel on the KettlePizza, for instance. Anyhow, your pies look great! Picked up some Boar's Head pepperoni the other day and will get rest of what we need to fire up the KettlePizza this week. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm glad you're still posting your pizza cooks with the KettlePizza. [emoji106][emoji106]

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 02:14:53 PM »
Looks like a great pizza cook, Mike! Been a while since posting any here but you might appreciate this. We were out of town just yesterday in a very large city in the south. Found ourselves at an multiple award winning and highly acclaimed place known for its authentic Neapolitan wood fired oven pizza. Well, ordered the Margherita, and was sorely disappointed. Not quite enough mozzarella for my taste, but much more importantly, outside crust charred before the bottom crust got crisp. I guess they just had a newbie that was a bit of a pyro...lol, but it just went to show that as you well know, cooking pizza is a lot more than just having the perfect setup, like having to have the baking steel on the KettlePizza, for instance. Anyhow, your pies look great! Picked up some Boar's Head pepperoni the other day and will get rest of what we need to fire up the KettlePizza this week. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm glad you're still posting your pizza cooks with the KettlePizza. [emoji106][emoji106]

@kettlecook, if that pizzeria is on the west side of town near a major university in the ACC, I am surprised you had a poor eating experience.  Been there 3 times.....great every time.  It was once BYOB, which was even better, because that meant a limitless beer/wine selection.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;