Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza cook in February  (Read 1817 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Pizza cook in February
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
My wife started working at an Italian deli, called Vigilucci’s, that’s local to us. Vigilucci’s also has a pizzeria and the deli sells their dough. I have tried this dough before, with ok results. My wife texted me that they had some fresh made dough and asked if I wanted some, before it got frozen. Of course I do! I cut the dough to make three pizzas and let it rest, while I got the cooker ready.

I used my recently restored Red SSP for this cook. Actually, my SSP has only been used with the Kettle Pizza, since I got it. The cart originally had a green kettle, that I grabbed last year. Royal Oak briquettes and Red Oak was the fuel I used. I tried to keep it between 500* and 600*.

Black olives and mushrooms on this one.

First one out of the oven.

A few slices.

I tried another shrimp scampi pizza. Lots of garlic, shallots and parmesan on this one.

A few slices of shrimp scampi pizza.

My third and final pizza, was a cheese pizza. Quick little video of this one bubbling away.

https://youtu.be/V58haHajS9k

Ready for the slicer…

Plenty of leftovers. My oldest daughter requested a few slices of the cheese pizza and the rest was for my wife and I. I sometimes cut the leftover slices down into smaller bite size nuggets.

I definitely prefer this dough, fresh, over fresh frozen. I will most likely use it again, but not cut it down in size, as these pies were on the smallish side. Fresh, homemade dough, is my preference, but this was a nice alternative for sure. 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Pizza cook in February
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:46:15 AM »
Looks great as usual @Jason!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:32:27 AM »
Cheese please!  That looks incredible. Nice color.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:47:40 PM »
Great looking pizza.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »
Gota try the shrimp scampy pie.  Looks awesome!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »
That looks delicious Jason, as usual!