Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The kettle covers have changed...again  (Read 2154 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
The kettle covers have changed...again
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:41:04 AM »
I just noticed today that Weber has changed the covers for the 22 and the 18.  They're gray, and look to be a different material.  Has anyone seen these in person? 

Also, what do you guys all think about the new thinner covers that they went to a year or two ago?  I like the fact that the fabric holds up without cracking, but they are so light it's nearly impossible to keep the grilsl covered.  Especially my performers.  Last night it was windy and we got a little snow.  I spent the morning cleaning off my grills and recovering them.  I'm going to have to tie them down.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:43:19 AM by mcgolden »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
The kettle covers have changed...again
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »

Not a fan. Looks like a compromise between the standard & premium, neither of which is available through Weber's online site. Still have premium cover for MTs.

I like the latest generation lightweight premium covers. They don't rest "heavy" on the grill like the previous material, but they also don't have any of the condensation issues.

I wish they'd go back to 60's/70's prints for a limited edition run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:00:12 AM by brewtownbeatdown »
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: The kettle covers have changed...again
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
I was just at home depot and lowes, they have the cheap tarp like grey cover for 14.99 and the heavier canvas type black one for 29.99. the black ones seem like they would be nice. not sure if it has a draw string or anything to keep them tight on bottom. but maybe stitching or gluing a few heavy washers to the bottom would help the parachute issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
I have not had any problem with the new cover on my performer but it is tucked nicely against the house and not in the elements that others are in.  I get a nice wind block from the house.  Its really easy to get on and off and I could see others in more windy areas having problems.

Does this mean covers will be going on clearance? 

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
I got this cover for a 22 inch kettle and I'm very impressed with it.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-55-613-013201-PL-Kettle-Grill-Cover/dp/B012VMKHCA/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1486600462&sr=8-26&keywords=grill+cover

Heavy canvas type material and put together very well.  I still cannot believe the quality of this cover for the price.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-55-613-013201-PL-Kettle-Grill-Cover/dp/B012VMKHCA/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1486600462&sr=8-26&keywords=grill+cover

Heavy canvas type material and put together very well.  I still cannot believe the quality of this cover for the price.

From the description: "Usually ships within 3 to 4 months."

:o
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 05:32:31 PM »
Saw some of the new grey ones on EBay

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:18 PM »
I love my new style thinner black cover for WSM. It has a strap that attaches it to one of the legs. Way better then the old style. Need to get one for my genesis. My only kettle I keep outside has the old cheap gray cover. I like that better then the old black ones that cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »

From the description: "Usually ships within 3 to 4 months."

:o

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HCNEX6/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486609015&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=veranda+grill+cover&dpPl=1&dpID=41M-tmdrSSL&ref=plSrch

Here ya go. Best bang for the buck.
Still need a 22” yellow

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »
I don't have this particular cover for the kettle, but I do have a Yukon Glory 2 burner cover that I use on my Gateway clone drum smoker and it is a much better cover than any of the POS weber covers.

https://www.amazon.com/Yukon-Glory-Charcoal-22-5-Inch-7149/dp/B01I3ZQQYW/ref=sr_1_11?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1486767993&sr=1-11&keywords=yukon+glory+grill+cover
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 06:12:03 AM »
So I saw these @ Home Depot and I will say with the price of these, it make sense that these are between the premium and the basic(grey) covers from before.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 06:20:52 AM »
I picked up the Black Weber cover for the Copper off of Grillstuff.com  it was 29.99 with Free shipping. (I bought other stuff too).  It was a Weber product with the Velcro style loops to hold it down to the frame.  We will see how it lasts.  I digress, I now have to store grills outdoors now. 

I still need a decent weather proof cover for the 18.5 WSM.  For now that project cart and smoker are in the garage where my truck IS SUPPOSED to be...    Yes, I made the sacrifice.... ;)

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...