Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken cook on a cold night  (Read 2536 times)

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Chicken cook on a cold night
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 07:22:39 AM »
In order to have a great juicy breast, the legs and thighs don't cook

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Brining & rotisserie solves this problem for me....even temps on the bird....very flavorful and tender meat.  Plus, if I overshoot the temp, it does not dry out.  Yes, it is more work, but it never fails.  Never.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 07:34:30 AM »

In order to have a great juicy breast, the legs and thighs don't cook

Brining & rotisserie solves this problem for me....even temps on the bird....very flavorful and tender meat.  Plus, if I overshoot the temp, it does not dry out.  Yes, it is more work, but it never fails.  Never.

Roti is on the short list for things I want to get. I really want to do a rib roast on one.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 07:27:26 AM »
The white sauce was kind of a dark horse.  I bottled it when I originally made it and the kids have been putting it on everything pork that we make.  Pork chops and pulled pork so far.  That really surprised me that they liked it enough to continue to use it.  I may have to make another bottle when this runs out.  I like it as well but it is unusual.  Kind of an acquired taste.  Wife won't touch it lol.