Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Simpsons 22”  (Read 905 times)

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
Simpsons 22”
« on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:15 AM »
New addition to the fleet today,  I went to pick up some construction paper from someone for my youngest son. Anyway there is a Simpsons Kettle sitting in the driveway and I just had to make an offer. He didn’t want to let it go, but said he’d think about it. He got back to me a couple hours later with a counteroffer that I agreed to. He originally didn’t want to let it go, but he fell in love with the slate blue MT and ordered one from Weber. I’ve been wanting a Simpsons for quite some time, and it’s kinda rough, but it’s still a Simpsons and I really couldn’t complain about $100. And with a little love, I’ll have her lookin good again!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Simpsons 22”
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 04:39:40 AM »
Great find in a random situation! My dad used to say "it'll always be 'no' unless you ask." Good for you to have the presence of mind to simply make an offer!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:43:52 AM »
Duh ! nice score
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 06:04:12 AM »
NICE!  I only made the mistake of NOT asking once.  Even if they say it's not for sale, I'll ask if I can take a look.  Then, I'll make an offer anyway.
regards,
Hal

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 06:24:29 AM »
Nice score!

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:16 PM »
Can’t wait to see a cook on it Pete.  Congrats on a fine pick up.

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 09:23:46 AM »

NICE!  I only made the mistake of NOT asking once.  Even if they say it's not for sale, I'll ask if I can take a look.  Then, I'll make an offer anyway.

I agree! It wasn’t originally for sale. But 2 others got him thinking and surfing Weber.com and he found An MT..