Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked cheese and a small butt  (Read 1267 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Smoked cheese and a small butt
« on: January 23, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
For Sunday football day I smoked some more cheese and also cooked a 5lb pork butt.  Smoked some medium cheddar, colbyjack, pepper cheese and some sharp white cheddar.  Temp varied from 64 to about 86 degrees.  Found out how important the ice was in keeping the temp down.  The first batch melted and I thought well maybe I don't need it.  Wrong! The temp soared up to 98 then 106.  Crap! Got more ice and the temp stabilized to the mind 80s.  The cheese turned out great.  Used my new Nesco food sealer (which I may review in another post) to wrap them up.  As the cheese was smoking I was cooking the pork butt.  Made a basic rub and cooked it on my copper using a 2x2x1 snake.  Kept the temp on the high side between 280 to 300 so I could eat around game time.  Another thing I learned is that a 5lb butt takes about as much time to cook as a 10 pounder.  Normally I would cook it with my stacker but I was using it to smoke the cheese.  The snake ran out after about 8hrs.  I then quickly threw together another fire to finish the last two hours.  I wrapped it to help push it through the stall.  Turned out awesome!  Let it rest a while then pulled it.  I pulled out the bone easily.  Tasted awesome and moist.  May make some enchiladas with it.

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Smoked cheese and a small butt
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:21:20 PM »
Looks killer, Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
Oh yeah! That's a nice smoke ring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 05:33:54 PM »
Nice [emoji106][emoji481].

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 02:43:49 PM »
Nice man!
I want to eat at your house [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 11:42:54 AM »
Another great looking cook!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!