Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer Score  (Read 3414 times)

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
Performer Score
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
I started this thread last night in the Trading Post, but since it is in my backyard now, I figured I better move it here! I think my first Weber Performer turned out to be a nice score (It kind of makes up for that POS Hunters Pink kettle I got a couple of weeks ago. I haven't given up on it yet, but it is kind of a basket case).

The guy took great care of it. You were right Duke, he bought it at Ace. Came with a cover, 3 bags of lump charcoal, 2 baskets & the whole roti kit, which the XC promptly claimed as her own (thanks, Eastex. That's 2 I owe you! ;)) I'm gonna give her a once over with 0000 steel wool, and that just about should do it! I bent the bottom rail getting it out of the truck  :o, but it straightened out perfect.

She looks waaaaaaaaaay better in my yard!

Thanks for lookin!! Slainte
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer Score
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Outstanding score! Just ordered a roti kit today from CB. My son in law has a weber ring, but won't give it up. Can't say I blame him.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
Awesome grill, you'll love it! I have the exact same grill and roti...
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
Your right it does look better in your yard
Looks all pimped up with that roti ring too
Ahh... The Performer, The Rolls Royce of the Kettle Fleet
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 01:24:50 PM »
Nice score!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
I've got that same Performer in Black. It's on loan to my work where I pull it out and cook some burgers every so often. They are the most useful, usable grills Webers ever made IMHO. The gas assist and that big side table just make them so practical. The rotisserie though, that's just fun :) When you see how much fun the XC is having with "her" new toy you'll be getting one soon.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
Well hawt daymn!  Glad to see ya got er.  They're pretty easy to take apart if you wanna give it a good cleaning.
Here's the thread on mine - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-performer-clean-up/
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 06:38:13 AM »
Great score! Your stable is growing two fold lately!

jacoblee

• WKC Brave
    • FOCUS North America (Orange County Office)
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
Nice

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 2

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »
The roti is a big hit at my house.  It really is a game changer, bringing some nice variety to the otherwise usual list of grill treats.  Last week it was a whole bone-in turkey breast, which was amazingly moist.

Congrats on that whole kit, Kilt!
One of the charcoal people.

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
Thanks for all the kudos fellas! Bman thanks for the link to the clean up. I think the XC and I are going to give it a full once over next weekend!
   ~Julia Child

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
Awesome score!! I know this is going to make me look as dumb as I feel asking it, but what does XC stand for? I know it's your daughter but am not familiar with that one.   ???

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 10:27:40 AM »
Awesome score!! I know this is going to make me look as dumb as I feel asking it, but what does XC stand for? I know it's your daughter but am not familiar with that one.   ???

No worries. XC means Executive Chef. My lovely bride gave her the title after I had shoulder surgery and she took over the cooking duties for me. She actually wants to be a professional chef.
   ~Julia Child

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
That's very cool. My eight year old daughter was playing in the back yard the other day when I was getting ready to light the Kingsford. I asked her if she wanted to help me grill. She said, "I don't know how to grill." I said, "Well we can fix that." I hope she'll take me up on that sometime. If not, I still have my two year old son. Guys and fire, shouldn't be too hard to get him on board in the future.  :D

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
Is that the one from San Diego?  Love that color.  Congrats.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962