Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza with Weber Pizza Stone  (Read 1848 times)

Samps

• Happy Cooker
Kettle Pizza with Weber Pizza Stone
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
I'm thinking of getting the Kettle Pizza.  I have the weber pizza stone that fits the gourmet system. The posts here seem pretty impressed with that tombstone, but I was wondering anyone has tried using the weber stone in the basic kettle pizza system.  Can't tell if it would be hard to get back to a stone in the middle.

any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Kettle Pizza with Weber Pizza Stone
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »
The stone would probably work fine, but I would use a regular grate instead of your gourmet grate. So you aren't locked into placing the stone in the hold in the grate.  I also don't think you want the grate lower than it would be just sitting on top of the grate.  I'm not sure if your pizza would actually sit at grate level or a little below it which would make it hard to rotate the pizza and remove it once its done.  The KP gets hot so you would not want to take the pizza out on the stone and leave it there.  When the pizza is done you want to take it off of the stone so the bottom doesn't burn.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Samps

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 10:15:10 AM »
good points, thanks.  I had been thinking of using the gourmet grate mainly because of the hinges for refueling. but maybe the stone sitting on the edge of the regular grate is worth a shot.

cheers

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 10:44:28 AM »
And the gourmet grate can handle the heat of a Kettle Pizza, but I would just go with a junker grate to make sure you don't roach a good grate.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!