Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit Baby Backs  (Read 1331 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Cajun Bandit Baby Backs
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:05:43 PM »
For Southern California, we have had some pretty extreme weather the last few days. Heavy rain and high wind. Today was forecast to be pretty clear, with calming wind, so I decided to get a cook going before the rain starts up again tomorrow.

My last several pork rib cooks have been spares. Von’s has a coupon for Baby Back Ribs for $2.69lb, so I jumped on it. They had a 10lb limit at that price. My neighbor gave me his ad, so I’ll go get another 10lbs. I’m only doing one rack today, but also will be grilling some hot wings and shrimp skewers a bit later.

I’m still using my CB Stacker, on my 18” Outrider, with a couple fire bricks to confine the Stubb’s briquettes and applewood and cherry chunks, just like my last cook in this post. The ribs got rubbed with Webers’ Chicken’N Rib seasoning.

This first pick is about at the 2.5 hour mark. I’m running a steady 240*

After that first pic, I removed the ribs to wrap them up with a bit of butter and honey. I’ve never tried the butter and honey before, so I’m hopeful that it will be ok.

Back on after about an hour in the foil.

I got the wings started on the Performer. The wings were marinated in Walkerswood Jerk Marinade for about 3-hours. The sunlight is starting to fade now.

Skewered shrimps. A single with the Walkerswood and a couple with garlic butter.

This plated pic does not do justice to how good it all tasted…at least to me lol.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:26:04 PM by Jason »

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cajun Bandit Baby Backs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:29:08 PM »
Nice cook!  Big cheer for the CB stacker!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:10:41 AM »
Holy cow, Jason. Those are some incredible pics dude. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:37 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys! I rarely do large amounts of BBQ, so the 18" stacker is perfect for most of my cooks like this.

This pic shows the amount of fuel left, once I shut down the rib cook.

This rack of ribs were just to my liking. I couldn't really taste the rub, butter or honey. At least one flavor didn't overpower the other anyway. The smokiness was very clean too. I cooked them for a total of about 5.5 hours, with an hour or so in the foil. Not "fall off the bone", but very close to it. No leftovers.

I wanted to also comment on the Walkerswood Jerk Marinade. This stuff isn't just spicy, it's absolutely loaded with flavor too. The wings look like they are kinda burnt in my pic, but they were not. So far, I have only used it with wings, but this time I tried it on a stick of shrimp as well...should have done more shrimp!!! At least 2-hours in the marinade. If you have a World Market nearby, grab a bottle of this stuff and give it a try.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:54:09 PM by Jason »

sinisterdonut

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »
Looks great, can almost taste it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 03:51:02 AM »
Yeah, nice looking cook, Jason.  Skewered shrimp looks awesome. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 06:09:31 AM »
That's a great looking plate!
You're so making me want to get a stacker...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 06:47:21 AM »
I keep looking at the 18 stacker for my jumbo joe and midget 18, @ $200 I keep resisting but these posts do not help.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.