Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Main Page  (Read 2692 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Main Page
« on: January 19, 2017, 03:17:43 PM »
@Troy - Its old. Can we change it? I would think with all the posts we can come up with something, right? Just a thought... February 26, 1921 George A. Stephen, Sr. birthday? Posts could be anything you want to cook if George A. Stephen was to attend back in the day he started selling them 1952 according to Weber. If posted on a older grill "More power to you" but any Weber would be nice to see cooking a old meal on!

I will be cooking something from old cook books from mom, grandma, and grandpa...grandpa was a head chef in a downtown Chicago hotel! I hope he looks down/up at me as I grill! I say up cause we did not get along when I was younger he was a MEAN old SOB :( , but still LOVE Him ;D
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Main Page
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:52:21 PM »
I was just thinking the main page hadn't been updated in awhile.  I'm working on writing up a Maverick vs Smoke head to head comparison I can probably have wrapped up by Sunday.  Also working on compiling a review of my Looftlighter.  I've take a lot of videos of me using it for lighting coals for different cook types.  Not sure if either of these would be main page worthy, but I can put them together with that goal.

@Shoestringshop -  I like you idea too.  Maybe period correct cooks...with NO ELECTRONICS!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:10:23 PM »
...with NO ELECTRONICS!

@MikeRocksTheRed  That what's I'm tfhinking... No new techniques or gadgets just plain old fashion grilling! Old school.
We shall see :D
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »
I rarely use any electronics when I cook....

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 11:13:25 PM »
Yeah, me too. I just use charcoalonics.

@Shoestringshop , are you asking about posting top selected cooks into the site front page? Sounds like a good idea.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 07:32:34 AM »
and maybe I'll have to buy one of the original roasting kits off of ebay!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
I have content planned, but it's about a month away from being finished.
@MikeRocksTheRed I'd love for you to publish your reviews on the main site

The other @statesman have been working on some special content for this year, but I don't know that anything is ready to publish just yet.

If anyone has something they would like to submit for publication, please PM me!!

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 02:38:50 AM »
...with NO ELECTRONICS!

@MikeRocksTheRed  That what's I'm tfhinking... No new techniques or gadgets just plain old fashion grilling! Old school.
With lump only....

Were briquettes even available in the 50's?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 05:05:54 AM »
"The charcoal briquette was first invented and patented by Ellsworth B. A. Zwoyer of Pennsylvania in 1897[2] and was produced by the Zwoyer Fuel Company. The process was further popularized by Henry Ford, who used wood and sawdust byproducts from automobile fabrication as a feedstock. Ford Charcoal went on to become the Kingsford Company."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsford_(charcoal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 06:43:15 AM »
...with NO ELECTRONICS!

With lump only....

Were briquettes even available in the 50's?

I'm out then.  Haha!!!!!!  KBB FOR LIFE!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 07:10:21 AM »
You can use KBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.