Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question about private messages  (Read 2491 times)

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
Question about private messages
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
When I send a PM to someone there is a box to check to "keep a copy in my sent box" or words to that effect. I have not been able to find any of those copies, or a sent box where I would expect them to be. What am I doing wrong?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Question about private messages
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »
You have to move your mouse over the Messages link then a drop down will appear with and option for Sent Messages

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
Mouse, you say? That explains it- I'm on a tablet running Android. I see that hitting the Messages link with the stylus works the same way. Thanks, I probably would never have figured it out.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:52:47 AM by Dsorgnzd »

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
Anyone know how may messages your mailbox can hold before it fills up?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:54:25 AM »
I'd think you can press on "Messages" then select "Sent Items".   I just tested it on my iPad and it works.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »

I have 153 messages total and I'm at 75% full.

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »

Where do you see the percentage full at? 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:04:57 PM »

Where do you see the percentage full at?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 08:21:55 PM »
My screen looks different.  

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 08:53:56 PM »
Interesting. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »
My screen looks different.  

@Uncle Al the menu options are the same but viewing them with the less wide window will move some buttons to a second row below.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 06:56:25 PM »

@Uncle Al the menu options are the same but viewing them with the less wide window will move some buttons to a second row below.

I was referring to the message capacity/%full bar in MikeRocksTheRed's screenshot above.  Is it a membership level thing?  I have tried Chrome, Edge and IE browsers (changed window size too) and the capacity/%full bar is not there for me.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 05:40:44 AM »

I was referring to the message capacity/%full bar in MikeRocksTheRed's screenshot above.  Is it a membership level thing?  I have tried Chrome, Edge and IE browsers (changed window size too) and the capacity/%full bar is not there for me.

Maybe the capacity measurement doesn't show up until you are over a certain number of messages and getting within a certain percentage of having a full message box?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 05:42:04 AM »
@Uncle Al  -  Unless you have been sending a ton of messages you should have plenty of space left.  I've been on here about a year and a half and have never delete a message and am still only at 75%.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »

I use my home desktop computer and it shows the percentage on the right heading. (10 messages / 5% full)
"Chasing Classic Kettles"