Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dug out of the snow to slap a couple of racks of pork Ribs on the Red Brick Performer  (Read 1196 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
The Upper Deck made it easy  to fit both racks on

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Good idea about using the upper deck for the second rack of ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
So daughter #1 has a futsol match and the timing makes it so we'd have to pound down the ribs without enjoying them.  So I just double wrapped them in foil and closed the bottom vent 90% and slightly cracked the top vent. Hoping to hold them for a couple hours stacked in foil on low heat.

Just before I wrapped-

https://instagram.com/p/BPAzoQLB8TD/

You guys think this will work out?  It's really cold out but I figure if the inside of the kettle stays above 100 they'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I think it's a good plan

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Looks awesome!
I used the upper deck over Christmas for the same thing, except I had two racks on the bottom and one on the deck.
One of my favorite uses for the upper deck

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
On my way back from futsol.  Fingers crossed

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Update: they were just OK.  I normally nail my ribs with a tried and true simple snake,  unfoiled.  These were wet when I unwrapped them and not as tender as my usual ribs.  I nail 97% if my cooks.  This one,  not so much.