Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wood chunk prices  (Read 1292 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Wood chunk prices
« on: December 29, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »
Has anyone else noticed how much wood chunk prices fluctuate on Amazon?  I always use the Weber wood chunks and they are sky high right now.  Usually I have enough on hand that I can wait a week or two at the prices usually come back down.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
Re: Wood chunk prices
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
I just looked at my last apple wood order and it was $8.97 for 5 lbs, right now its $16 something for 5lbs.  Same thing for Pecan.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »
I usually pick mine up at the Weber Factory store...I think they're around 8 bucks. I'd give weber a call, they might ship directly from there
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
They had huge (guessing 16 lb) bags at Home depot last summer for short money.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »
Has anyone else noticed how much wood chunk prices fluctuate on Amazon?  I always use the Weber wood chunks and they are sky high right now.  Usually I have enough on hand that I can wait a week or two at the prices usually come back down.

They probably have some algorithm that keeps the price pegged to who supplies it and/or who has it in stock. A lot of these cheap but heavy items also have the shipping costs built into the prime price. I'm ok with that, but I wish they did a better job with the combined shipping prices.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 12:12:17 PM »

They probably have some algorithm that keeps the price pegged to who supplies it and/or who has it in stock. A lot of these cheap but heavy items also have the shipping costs built into the prime price. I'm ok with that, but I wish they did a better job with the combined shipping prices.

The algorithm theory is kind of what I was thinking.  I bet is has to do with whether or not Amazon has it in their distribution center or not.  Most of the time when it's cheap I can get it the same day since its on hand at the amazon center that is not far from me.  I'm guessing it's when they have to ship it from Weber that the price is higher to cover the shipping costs.