Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Used versus New  (Read 1748 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Used versus New
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »
Is there any grill you want so bad you won't wait for a used one to turn up? I've seen a few pretty good deals on 26.75s go by but they all see to be dinged in some way and I keep thinking that when I get that grill I really want to get it new and be the original owner. It's sorta dumb really, I could save a good bit of money but I'd really like to get it new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

etruax

• WKC Brave
Re: Used versus New
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
I have been wondering if it's a good idea to order a new blue or green 22.  Start my own story or get both and hand them down later.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »
I've picked up 4 Weber gassers for free recently.  I'm planning on 'restoring' them and selling them off and ordering a new 26er.  Which is kinda strange as my 3 kettles, including an AA Performer, were all used. 
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
I guess I really never thought about it, until a brand new 2012 (AU) OTS pretty much fell in my lap 2 weeks ago. Its my first brand new kettle. I'm excited to actually have a new one. It's also my first black kettle (not counting my black Smokey Joe). When it comes to a 26"er, I'd love a new one, but I'd really love an old Red or Brown one.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
I personally prefer to wait for a 2nd hand one to pop up
Mind you we don't have the option of the 26 over here. Have thought about asking a member to send one over but SWMBO would hit the roof
Plus I love my performer and its my everyday grill
26 Performer I hear you say...... Now that's different I'd probably sell off half my stable for a shot at that mythical BBQ ..... It's nice to dream
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
Probably nothing short of a large offset. I think most things will pop up, especially if you can still get them new.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:14:22 AM »
My first Weber (18.5 Kettle) was a wedding present. In '99 I bought a red MT (new.) It didn't occur to me to look for a used one. When I decided to get a smoker, I could find none on CL so I bought one new. I also have a SJS that I bought new '88.

I'm unlikely to buy a new kettle though if I would, it would be a 26. When it comes to gassers, I like the older ones better. I looked at a new SS gasser at Ace Hardware and the edges of the cover for the side burner were like knife edges.  :o
kettles, smokers...

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 07:35:04 AM »
If a new one comes up, such as my OTG for $99, i'm all over it.  I will continue watching CL for older ones, not sure what i'm looking for yet ???  but if it speaks to me who knows ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......