Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone order Craycort grates from Amazon via seller 4Grillersjoy??  (Read 3335 times)

marek42000

• Happy Cooker
Let's just say this process has been pretty frustrating. I ordered Craycort Cast Iron Grates for new 26 incher December 26th, 2012 from Amazon from seller 4Grillersjoy. They arrived January 4th, with one of the quadrant pieces missing! Damn! So I got in touch with their customer service and they said we're very sorry, here's a $10 dollar refund and will send out that missing piece right away. Sweet! Unfortuantly, that piece isn't in stock right now, so it'll be a couple of months till we can ship it. Damn again! So months go by, and I email them on the status of that piece. They said it will be in the mail this week. Sweet again! UPS man arrives today (April 2nd) with a package from Craycort. Yes! I open that son of a gun up, and it's my beloved missing 26in piece, but its cracked. Damn, Damn!! Over 3 months and my sh*t still isn't complete. Anyone else experience this? I don't think I'm alone, reading some reviews on Amazon, their shipping materials are garbage, I can atest to that. Not enough padding, fllimsy packaging, etc. I can't imagine how much money they are losing to refunds on their products. At least it hasn't been ideal grilling weather here in Chicago.

Tim M.

• Smokey Joe
Re: Anyone order Craycort grates from Amazon via seller 4Grillersjoy??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
I believe 4Grillersjoy and Craycort are the same folk(s).  I bet if you get up with Rolf direct direct he will do his best to make you whole- I had a similar issue and it was made right in short time. 

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/about-us/

I can tell you my grates were not packed well either, but hang in there they are worth every penny (once you actually have them).  ;D

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:01:04 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how the heck it got cracked?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how the heck it got cracked?

Shitty packaging.....the bane of Western civilization........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
I'm with Brian.  It's not like they're made of glass, it's cast iron! 
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Tim M.

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »
I had an 18" BGE CI grate shipped to me that was cracked on the outer edge, the gauge on it is a good bit more than the Craycort but it was not packed well.  Cardboard shell that barely covered the circumference of the grate.. I could see a perpendicular drop to the pavement cracking the outer edge pretty easily.  A thicker box with some peanuts would help the claim department I would think. 

Jeepguy

• Happy Cooker
Anyone order Craycort grates from Amazon via seller 4Grillersjoy??
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
I had a problem myself last week. Ordered a grate and handle. Grate came on fine but no handle. 2 days later I get an empty bubble wrap envelope from them. Seems they tried shipping the handle in that envelope but during shipping the handle just tore through the paper envelope and escaped. I sent an email since I had no number to call. Took a day or 2 to reply and I emailed them pics of the envelope as well so they can see what happened. They are resending the handle. Hopefully it arrives this time.  Things happen thought, I ordered a new performer platinum at the same time and it showed up with an ash catcher ring with broken welds as well. Called weber and they are shipping a new one as well with 2 day shipping.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »
Cast iron is brittle and if not cast carefully can have weak spots.
kettles, smokers...

marek42000

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
Just a quick update. Today, Saturday, four days after I contacted Craycort about the damaged piece. I got a package in the mail from USPS.... it was my piece, in tact! Horray! The process in whole took longer than expected, but real great customer service, and they do take care of thier customers. Big ups.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
Great to see it worked out and there CS looked after you
Now for some pics of it in action
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
Sweet!  Glad to hear everything is all squared away.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!