Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Christmas gifts  (Read 2118 times)

Rondo

• WKC Brave
Christmas gifts
« on: November 26, 2016, 09:25:33 AM »
If you could add to your cooking. Using the 22" kettles. What would you go for? Rottisserie, vortex, etc. I know it depends on what you cook the most, but based on experience if you knew then what you know now, what item for your kettles would you ask Santa for?

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Christmas gifts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 09:39:29 AM »
For me: 1) rotisserie, 2) Slow n Sear, 3) Vortex, 4) cast iron grate, 5) Kettle Pizza.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 09:56:16 AM »
Thermopen for sure

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 10:06:39 AM »
Thermopen, maverick, craycorts, vortex

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
I've thought about adding the rotisserie for a couple reasons. The first is obvious of course, but also to add a little height to the kettle itself.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
Just a casual observation, but for a kettle "add on", the rotisserie seems to edge out other popular products. The Slow 'N Sear, Vortex, Kettle Pizza etc. are awesome to have too, but I'd start with a rotisserie.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

@Rondo     +1 for a rotisserie. Picked up a couple of rotisseries this year that came with kettle purchases on CL.  I had never used one before but at the prodding and urging of @Travis and @argentflame, started using one of them around July.  Wished I would have bought one 20 years ago. That's what I love about this club. Learning and expanding my BBQ knowledge everyday.

I will say that having a Thermapen is the single most item that I can not do without though.  You will need a good thermometer to use along with the rotisserie.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 01:09:43 AM »
Rotisserie...

Erich

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 06:37:11 AM »
Vortex.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 08:07:14 AM »
This is a tough one.

Roto -  I love it and rarely do whole chickens without out.  It is probably the least used of my accessories, but I am glad to have it when it gets called up.

Vortex - If I leave it at a friends place after doing some wings on a game day I will still make wings at home with my charcoal baskets, but if the vortex is here it gets used every time for wings.  I also use it quite a bit for reverse searing, but not as much since I got my slow-n-sear.

Kettle Pizza - I wouldn't even think about not using this.  If it was taken from me for some weird reason I would probably just not make any pizzas on the grill until I could replace it.  This accessory will result in pizza-itis similar to webitis.  You will go through a lot of charcoal and wood when using the kettle pizza.

Slow-n-sear -  Stays in my grill for most cooks.  I use it for high heat cooks, reverse searing, and slow and low cooking.  I move it from my 22 to my 26 if more space is needed.  Can be used with a roto.

So which one is a must have....I'm not even sure.  I'd say the slow-n-sear has more uses than the other options and gives you more cooking space, especially if you are currently using the snake method for slow-n-low cooking.  I would say that you probably wouldn't regret having any of the above accessories.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!