Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 22" Smoker  (Read 1150 times)

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
Weber 22" Smoker
« on: November 25, 2016, 06:57:07 PM »
I'm sure I'm breaking a lot of rules here but tonight I've been experimenting. Have only used a kettle 2 times now and decided to smoke in it. Reused the charcoal i had from last night fit this mornings breakfast.

Jimmy Dean's sausage that i lit up from the leftover coals from last night. Tonight i put some newspaper in top of the one touch cleaner wings and relit.

Had this weird idea because we have some bell peppers in the garden. Used a baking sheet to cook some bacon, cant remember to take pics when the good stuff is happening of course. Cut that up and put it in these. Mac and cheese with sausage and bacon stuffed bell pepper. Plan on finishing with a shredded cheddar jack cheese.

Now I'm going all smoker.

She's holding steady with my stick on top. The little pockets of foil are salmon which have been opened up. Kettle had held up for slow smoking at 275 for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber 22" Smoker
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:14:07 PM »

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:23:29 PM »
Left over rib with new sides.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Weber 22" Smoker
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 07:26:30 PM »
Looks great man! The only rule that HAS to be followed when grilling is safety. No one wants to burn down their house or worse over some burgers. The rest of it is just figuring out what works for you.
Only suggestion I'd give when smoking on a kettle is not over smoking by using too much wood. I have a lot of hickory and oak splits that I cut into fist size chunks with a compound saw. A little goes a long way.
You'll find the way that works for you and can about guarantee the more time you spend practicing, you tubing and conversing with other grillfella's you'll change some ways and keep others. Sometimes they work better, other times they don't.
Your peppers look great man. I'd like to try your recipe. Nice to be outside, cooking and just enjoying the whole thing. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 07:29:43 PM by Travis »

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »

Smoked Salmon /w Broccoli.

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 08:15:54 PM »
I realize tonight this could get real out of hand with people cooking on baking sheets and what not. We saved the grease rendered for a later date. Almost glad that i didn't have a pic to post for the reason of someone doing the the same thing. While i feel that I'm some what seasoned in the low in slow department it's a whole new ball game on the Weber Kettle. Thanks Travis for your wise words.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:08:32 PM by johncorvin »

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 09:06:29 PM »
as far as i can tell, looks to me as you know what you're doing, keep it up and keep the pics coming, we are a visual sort after all.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank