Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Fire butler  (Read 3197 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Fire butler
« on: November 19, 2016, 05:21:23 AM »
This looks like a awesome accessory to have for a kettle! Does anybody have this and can give me some feedback https://youtu.be/nXp1JsvB68c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatty68

• Smokey Joe
Re: Fire butler
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 05:33:33 PM »
Got one!  It's pretty awesome for low and slow-  I know everyone here will say you can do baskets or snake method for low and slow, but when I first started getting crazy into kettles I was into low and slow and was frustrated with not enough grill surface.  This allows you to use the entire surface.  I've since bought a smokey mountain too, so I don't use it as much as I did, but it's very nicely madeA. Take a bit to dial in but will hold your temp forever! 

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »
I'm anti accessory but I do like the looks of this and the idea of utilizing the entire cook surface. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 05:08:06 AM »
I'm anti accessory but I do like the looks of this and the idea of utilizing the entire cook surface. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
That's why I'm considering getting this. I don't have any grilling gadgets because I feel I can get the same results using my baskets or fire bricks. Been wanting a wsm because 85% of my cooks are low and slow and using my kettle limits how much I can cook. This would solve that problem !

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Fire butler
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 05:10:31 AM »
Got one!  It's pretty awesome for low and slow-  I know everyone here will say you can do baskets or snake method for low and slow, but when I first started getting crazy into kettles I was into low and slow and was frustrated with not enough grill surface.  This allows you to use the entire surface.  I've since bought a smokey mountain too, so I don't use it as much as I did, but it's very nicely madeA. Take a bit to dial in but will hold your temp forever!
How does the smoky flavor compare to a WSM ? Been considering getting one , just couldn't see my self dropping $400 right before Christmas! Also , have you used it for hibachi?

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 08:30:22 PM »
How does the smoky flavor compare to a WSM ? Been considering getting one , just couldn't see my self dropping $400 right before Christmas! Also , have you used it for hibachi?

-Look at my avatar it's the fire butler loaded with 22 lbs of pork and 3.5 lb chuck roast. Worth every penny and makes great smash burgers too!!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »
I have done wings just like using the vortex which I also own, and the hibachi area is 12 inches squared and I have seared some awesome steaks, chops to perfection. Get one you will not be disappointed.
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »

$400?!! Might as well buy a WSM and a GA for low N slow and hibachi...

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 03:04:23 AM »

$400?!! Might as well buy a WSM and a GA for low N slow and hibachi...
- I think he was referring to the WSM as 400, the Fire Butler is only 149.00!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 03:37:42 AM »
when they don't respond to inquiries through the contact us link on their website, they've lost me as a customer.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 09:35:04 AM »
when they don't respond to inquiries through the contact us link on their website, they've lost me as a customer.
-I think there is something wrong with that link, but when you purchase one he gives his cell phone number and responds to that and also he responds on their facebook page as well. I have one and they are well made and work!