Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The guests didn't show up.  (Read 2532 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
The guests didn't show up.
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »
I barbecued last week for friends (?) and they cancelled last minute on me, about an hour after I put ribs in the smoker. This was after they asked me to push it back a day, too. I was fine with that since it got me out of cooking in the rain and let the ribs sit in their rub overnight instead of for a few hours, but the original day was supposed to be 100% good as was the replacement. So needless to say, I was not and am not happy. 

Anyways, here is what they missed out on:

Smoked back ribs. This batch turned out very well too.

Maple sweet potatoes, broccoli, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (with a mix of different chips - 2/3 semisweet and 1/3 milk chocolate).

And a fire in the back yard after since it was beautifully mild, almost like spring, evening despite being the first week of November.

I gave a bunch of cookies away to several of the neighbours but nobody was interested in the ribs since everyone had their own dinner plans pretty well along by that point, but a friend called me up and took a rack later in the evening when we went for coffee after the fire burnt out.

Some friends. I won't be inviting them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: The guests didn't show up.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 05:16:32 PM »
Man that stinks I have had the same thing like that happen but it wasn't friends it was family in laws to be exact my wife said no more cooking for my family lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »
Their loss.  Those ribs look great!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 05:37:57 PM »
Looks like some folks missed out on a great time. Sorry to hear it, man. Looks like a real bud came through though. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 05:50:10 PM »
Everything looked great.  We have been having some nice weather lately. It was their loss.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
Man those look good! I would like to show them that pic so they see what they missed.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 03:50:37 AM »
You need to send them a picture to show them what they missed out on.  Then next time feed them some canned spaghetti.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 03:54:09 AM »
As a Christmas present, send them Emily Post's book on etiquette. 

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 04:52:36 AM »
Damn looks great!
I'd totally come over and eat some of those ribs!
Some people though...

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 04:59:54 AM »
I would have ate so many of them ribs you would have to use a chainsaw to cut the door opening wider just to get me out the door.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 05:18:19 AM »
The ribs looks worthy. Like HFG I would have eaten my share. A little or a lotta tug or fall of the bone...I care not really.

Hey Lightning. That sucks man. Some people have no idea how much effort goes into a cook like that...some do and don't care. I once had a friend and his wife come over for a smoked prime rib dinner only to have them poke me for having as many Webers as I do.....repeatedly....even when the smoke started pouring out my ears.

I am down the road in London. You ever need someone to appreciate the effort just drop me a line. I got me some Webers too.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 07:12:20 AM »
Poking the folks hosting you for dinner? Last minute bail? Some people just don't get it. Awesome cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »
Their loss....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »
It's happened to me too.  Sometimes they don't have the courtesy of calling.  That never happened when I was growing up.  The newer generation missed some lessons in manners and edicate.  Great looking ribs!  Their loss.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »
That sucks. Those ribs do look good.