Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cookin on the dark  (Read 1857 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Cookin on the dark
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »
And as I start this I screwed up the title and cannot change it. "Cooking IN the dark". Well, here we go boys. Daylight savings time.  [emoji853] Everyone at my house is SICK so I told momma I had dinner. I'm working days this week So I when I came home momma had the kettle fired for me (that definitely helped) kissed the kids, patted the dog on the head and cooked up some marinated chicken mixed with rice and some Chinese style veggies.
Fired up the faded black mbh and the 2 burner campstove, cracked a beer and made some dinner!

The campstove is a serious game changer for outdoor cooks. Really loving this thing.

All mixed together. Simple. Forgot to add the frozen stir fry stuff, but hey, give me a break. I'm no chef, I'm a factory worker with a Weber obsession!! [emoji23] Chicken, rice, baby carrots, water chestnuts and bean sprouts with teriyaki sauce.

Look at this beautiful presentation! Only the finest plastic container with the best buttered Texas toast. Not just buttered bread people, only the finest TEXAS toast. With an extra drizzle of teriyaki. First class here gentleman. Actually, this is what was left that I packed for lunch tomorrow.

Have a good one fella's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 05:54:29 PM by Travis »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Cookin on the dark
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
I love anything stir fry. That camp stove looks fun. I like how there is plenty of room between the burners. Lots of possibilities with that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
I feel ya Travis. My lighting this time of year is better in my driveway. I bought 2 60 watt yellow bug light bulbs for the light fixture just outside the garage. It's just enough light to see the food and my surroundings this time of year. I'm usually home by 4:30 so I have about an hour until I'm in the dark. Looks like you did just fine.  That camping stove is a beast!  I'd take a plate of that anytime.  What was your chicken marinade?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 05:47:24 PM »
@kettlebb
You know, I don't really know what the marinade was! It said applejack chicken breast I picked up from the butcher. Not really something you'd think goes with This dish, but it went very well. If you guys, @Hoosierkettle get a chance to pick up a campstove or something equivalent, you should. Really is a game changer for cooking outdoors along with your kettles.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Still need a 22” yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:58:32 PM »
@TheDude
Had one of those years ago. Mounted to the performer table. Worked well!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 01:36:58 PM »
I cooked at night several times because of the summer heat.  My back portch light works good and I also have a small flashlight handy.  Nice cook by the way!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
I tried that head light, but after a few, or perhaps more... beers, my head got wobbly.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »
Maybe loosen that strap a bit?

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »

Just use something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Headlamp-Headlight-Reading%EF%BC%8C3-Batteries-Included/dp/B005FEGYJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478598037&sr=8-1&keywords=headlight

Home Depot will have these cheap as Black Friday approaches. Grab some. They're handy for winter and overnight cooks

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 01:39:50 AM »
I tried that head light, but after a few, or perhaps more... beers, my head got wobbly.
This is exactly was I was afraid of.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 03:51:47 AM »
Yummmmmm
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM