Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza & Rotisserie Ring Combo  (Read 2074 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Kettle Pizza & Rotisserie Ring Combo
« on: November 05, 2016, 08:09:04 AM »
I think the KP is an excellent product, just the way it is. I just wanted to make mine unique, so I looked into having my new Kettle Pizza ceramic coated, but the price was a bit too steep.

I had seen this older Weber Rotisserie on letgo several weeks ago, but never managed to go see it. I lucked out and found the sellers number jotted down on a scrap piece at my shop. I contacted the seller again and made arrangements to have a look. It was priced right, so I thanked the seller and brought it home for this project.

Seeing all of the clever ideas here, is what gave me the motivation for this project. Worse case, if I screwed it up, I'd only lose a few bucks and would still have my original KP Ring.

The work begins...   

I settled on the positioning and got it ready to cut.

Taped and marked for the cutting.

Luckily, I decided to double check my cut line and made some necessary adjustments.

I used a Dremel tool, hack saw and finally a jigsaw, with metal cutting blade, to make the cut. The jigsaw made this go very quickly.

Next, I added supports for the Kettle Pizza components and did a test fit.

I finished the cutting, drilling and grinding then cleaned everything up.

Assembling the pizza cooker.

Ready to go!

This mod did not ruin the ability to use it as a rotisserie. It might burn a bit more fuel, but should still work just fine. Next step is to fire this thing up and cook some pizzas!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Pizza & Rotisserie Ring Combo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »
Very nice Jason. I thought about that once before but never did it. Did you keep the piece you cut out for a door? A door would be great for a pizza oven preheat and cooking; just leave the lid vent open as a chimney. 8)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Pizza & Rotisserie Ring Combo
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:51:35 AM »
Thanks Nate. Yes, I did keep the piece I removed and just might do as you suggest. Thanks for the tip!