Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Well....I tried (Update)  (Read 9643 times)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Re: Well....I tried
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »
That's whats it's all about man! I'm glad you made a new grill buddy. You just never know, that old guy might be some kids grandpa making the kind of Weber memories that we all know and love  :'(
Thanks for sharing Brian
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »
nice story. when you go back to put the handle on, get a better picture of it!

i spotted an 18" two tone redhead the other day in the ghetto. no freaking way i'm knocking on that door.

chicken....LOL  ;D
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 08:19:35 PM »
I see major kettle karma your way

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »
It is stories (and replies) like this that make me very happy to have found this forum. 

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 08:38:55 AM »
You should have offered to buy him a new Weber kettle in exchange? He might have gone for that?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
I tried, I asked him point blank if he would sell them or trade for a new one....he said no he liked his old ones....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:02:09 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
Okay so I stopped back at the (Don's) house today.  I was on the way to meet Terry and Troy for some grill trading.  I figured I would stop by and drop off a couple of the old two rivet style handles for his old grill.  I wanted to spread some good cheer around especially after this week of bullshit in the news that has sickened me.  I thought it would be nice to help the guy out by setting him up with some new handles and it would be a nice surprise. 

As I pulled into his driveway and before I even got to the door he was there and opening it up.  Last time he had a irritated look , this time he had a smile.  I told him I had just dropped by to give him some handles (because last time I said I would).  He said I didn't need to do that and he was very happy....I felt good, as I said after this week, and today being the anniversary of the Columbine Massacre I needed some good mojo. 

Now listen to this.....Last time I stopped by and talked with Don everyone said I had some good grill karma heading my way.  Well a week later I had two grill deals going good and then both fell through....one of them I was being strung along by some jag off, and apparently he got off on fucking with me and making me drive all around with no intention of selling me the grill....So I started thinking geeze I thought I had some good karma coming my way and now I keep getting jerked around.  The guy who was messing with me, he was selling a 18 bud light grill, who I was actually trying to get as a surprise for my wife's cousin.  When I thought I had the deal closed I told him and he got all excited.  Well as the deal went south over the course of a week, I could tell he was bummed.  Then I felt bad because I shouldn't even have told him and it wouldn't have been a big deal.  Well I then turned to the WKC and I posted to see if anyone here had a Bud Light 18 and low and behold the WKC came through.   Multiple people had leads, I had one on standby in Phoenix, but Terry right here in Chicago had one and we did a trade and it all worked out!  The good karma was telling me the other grill was not for me....that wasn't the right one.  The asshole had bad karma and he didn't deserve anything.  The good karma led me back here and to help other fellow members. I  was also able to help Troy because he was in need of some handles as well....SOOOOO the moral of the story is spread around some good feelings...it seems to bay itself back exponentially....

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:35:54 PM by zavod44 »

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Well....I tried (Update)
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Great story with a happy ending Brian!  :)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
You are a Saint sir
I must admit when I saw this thread bumped, I thought that Don might of changed his mind on a trade,
Good things happen to good people
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
Glad I could help out Brian...love the handles!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 08:30:29 PM »
My wife's cousin was so excited, he came right over and I let him pick any handle he wanted...almost....He was happy with the grill....Thanks so much Terry, it was great to meet you.  Hope you can make it to the June meet up...

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:36 AM »
Almost any handle, lol...glad he enjoyed the grill! Good finally meeting you too Brian. Looking forward to June.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 03:58:10 AM »
Nice story Brian.  I would have liked to see pics of the old guy with the new handles on his avacado and red!  What was his reaction when you put them on?  Or did you just hand the handles to him? 

Kettle collector AND cooker!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Well....I tried (Update)
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
Pretty nice Brian! It's nice to read a good story with a truly happy ending.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
I just handed them to him...I didn't want to bother the guy too much since I just dropped in on him.....was trying to walk the line between nice guy and creeper