Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: $10 EO SSP scored on OfferUp  (Read 1873 times)

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
$10 EO SSP scored on OfferUp
« on: October 25, 2016, 04:49:09 PM »
I already have a newer performer and have zero use for another but I could not pass this on up when I saw it pop up last night, I was the first one to message and just got home with my score.  I did not get a chance to really go over it but it looks like the majority of the parts are there other than some odds and ends like the ash sweeper and the thermometer.  The frame is rigged together with some "L" brackets and since this is my first performer I am not sure how they should be assembled but I will figure it out.  Also it looks like the handle on top of the lid was riveted together so I am sure I can come up with a better way to fix this.  I think my plan will be to gift this to my good friend who was here this weekend and in awe over my first Vortex wing cook.  He was on Craigslist looking for a Performer for himself during the cook.  Any thoughts from the experts as to what I need to get this thing back to cooking?  Anyone have an assembly manual for this grill so I can see whats missing?  Also, I am trying to figure out how the ash catcher attaches to this one, it does not look like there are tabs like my newer Performer.  Any input would be appreciated.  Almost forgot, he even handed me a set of legs for if I wanted to take the kettle off the cart.  I wont be doing that so if anyone wants them I would be happy to pass them on if you spring for the shipping.  They are nothing special but figured someone my need them.

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: $10 EO SSP scored on OfferUp
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 04:53:22 PM »
A Green SSP for 10 bucks!  What a score.

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »
From what I can see from pics, you're missing the tank and regulator, and tool hooks and grate hook. In addition to the aforementioned thermo and ash sweeps. I also don't see the steel rod/hinge that holds the table in place. And it looks like 2 charcoal grates and no cooking grate...

The 5lb tanks with OPD are kind of hard to find, but since you need a regulator hose, you can get the new style from Weber (or Amazon or...) and convert to the 1lb bottles. There are a couple of mods here that show how it can be done.

For the frame, you can leave as is with the L-brackets , or look for info here on "star nuts" for a more inconspicuous fix.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »
I actually did get the tank and the hose is there, my pictures just kinda suck.  From what I can see I do need the tank filled to see if the gas assist works.  I do need the bar to hold the charcoal door on and I believe I will need the part that hooks the tank to the frame.  And I did get two charcoal grates.  One is better than the other but both are usable. 

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:38:14 AM »
You got you a nice fixer upper for a great price.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:21:51 AM »
IN parts, its worth 10 bucks!!!

Clean her up... Fix her up and LIGHT her up!!! 

Nice Grab!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 07:50:59 AM »
I am going to start working on it hopefully this afternoon, my buddy will sh*t when I show up with it for him.  Where is the cheapest place to buy parts, I need new ash sweepers and a couple other things.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:30 AM »
I am going to start working on it hopefully this afternoon, my buddy will sh*t when I show up with it for him.  Where is the cheapest place to buy parts, I need new ash sweepers and a couple other things.

i picked up parts off of eReplacement.  Ash catcher and burner tube assembly.  Picked up teh Ash sweep at Ace Hardware locally here in STL.

Grates from Ace Hardware or Wally world, Target, HD....

Good Luck and awesome to share the Addiction!!!

Jeff
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »
I figure I dont need it but could not pass it up for $10 bucks.  Even with the parts I need to repair it I will have $75 at the most in it so it will make a nice cooker for my buddy to use.  I want to figure out why the frame is rigged together but in any case thats an easy fix.