Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: $10 C&B lime Performer bowl/lid? OK...  (Read 1842 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
$10 C&B lime Performer bowl/lid? OK...
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:26:22 AM »
Picked this up yesterday evening. No hardware but the lid bale wire and rusty ash sweep. Some rust & porcelain damage where the grate straps are spot welded. Not a bad pickup at all, especially for $10. I'm thinking it's time to RRR my older brother's non-gas assist, beat up blue SSP for him.........

Pics are from the CL ad:

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: $10 C&B lime Performer bowl/lid? OK...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:44:49 AM »
Great score!  You almost got it for free.  Love that Grass Green color.  I think that is what is called.

So, what the story on this. Did someone take them off to replace with black lid and a bowl.   I know few members here  that prefer black.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:47:16 AM »
#stoleit
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:15 AM »
So, what the story on this. Did someone take them off to replace with black lid and a bowl.   I know few members here  that prefer black.

They were replaced by Weber, due to the rust/porcelain issues. Hence the lack of lid bale bracket/thermo. I need to take a closer look at the lid, to see what issues it has. The porcelain loss/rust is somewhat surprising (to me) on an AD kettle. It's definitely been used frequently.

It did crack me up that you can still smell the lighter fluid in the bowl. Has gas assist, and still uses lighter fluid... SMH. I guess I'm not so surprised at the bowl damage now that I think about it.....
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 07:57:15 AM »
This is why we use baskets. Prevents that damage. Regardless, that's gonna look clean in that cart, Bob. Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:13:48 AM »
Glad it worked out for @bob bq. Nice grab!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 10:19:44 AM »
I wondered who got this!  Congrats! 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!