Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Special Edition Master Touch purchase.  (Read 6532 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Special Edition Master Touch purchase.
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:32:52 AM »
I just purchased Ivory last Sat. to find that the Lid and bowl do not match in color and the bowl has some deep scratch marks on it.  I have contacted CS to see if anything can be done about it.  Did not get a call back for almost a week till today from the CS manager.  Unfortunately, my only recourse is to take it back to where I bought it and exchange with another if they have one.

I found out thru. one of the CS Rep that they do not have any more replacement lids or bowls.  So, be warned that if you have Ivory at the moment or thinking about buying one, that no replacements are available if you have issues with porcelain popping or any other issues like lot of us already had... you are out of luck. 

I for one do not care as long as I have a good matching with no mark lid and bowl to start with.  I will be making another long trip to exchange mine because of shady Weber quality issues and no help from Weber CS.

I have another issue with Weber, which I do not want to get into at this time.  This one I don't really care about.  Lets just say that if I need parts for any one of my Weber grills including my Gasser, I will just buy them myself.

Anyways, this week experience with Weber CS manager is not that good and my Ivory will be my last Weber product purchase.   You all know I have been a big advocate of Weber MT and Weber products in general and was on a fence about buying the Charcoal Summit in near future.  Not happening anymore. I will still enjoy what I have and be happy with them.

Good luck to you all if you have issues with yours. 

Color difference. White is hard to show diff. More drastic diff. in real view.

Orange peel on the lid and glass smooth on the bowl

Scratched up on the bowl.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:03:24 AM by greenweb »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Be Warned - Special Edition Master Touch purchase.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
They make ivory's but don't have parts?  That is a shame.  Ever since they were purchased the quality of Webers has taken a hit, I am not a fan of many new products.  The Genesis was one that still appealed I wonder if the new model has cheapened in quality.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
Bummer to hear that. I've had two rather negative experiences with Weber CS in the last couple-few weeks, as well. They were not helpful, what-so-ever. Having experienced nothing but excellent, helpful CS from them in the past, I was pretty amazed.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:49:49 AM »
Man, I hate to hear that. You can see the difference in your pics.

I'm sure all the product line has cheapened, LB. Unfortunately, it seems to be the way it is these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:56 AM »
I can see a difference in the pictures too. That sucks. Older is always better.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:24:22 AM »
A crying shame given what they're asking for these...
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »
That sucks all around, @greenweb. 

Not that it helps your situation at all, but I also got pretty shitty customer service from Weber yesterday when I tried to do some comparison shopping for parts for some older grills.  WTF is happening?

I can definitely see the color difference between bowl and lid and if you say the difference is more pronounced in person then it must really be way off.  I hope your replacement works out.

I wonder if some of the other long time Weber enthusiasts would care to comment on diminishing quality. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 12:26:36 PM »
One lady CS Reps. I talked to yesterday was really good. She was the only one that asked to provide lots of pics of the lid/bowl and the box plus the receipt. I was more than happy to provide info.  3 other Reps starting last Sat. were no help.

I talked to the CS Manager today finally after my first call on last Sunday.  I asked her if she looked at the pics as I have sent more than 10 pics from different angle.  According to her, she can not see what is wrong with it and if I wanted, just deal with the dealer where I bought.  :o  So, I waited almost a week to hear this from the CS Manager. 

I called and have confirmed that the dealer I bought from has another one. The owner said that he will check the lid and a bowl and get back to me. Hope that one is good. If not, I will just return it and get my money back.  I still want the Ivory, but I am not going thru. more hassle to own one.

I have bigger issue with Weber that you all will find very interesting to hear. This is why the Manager had to get involved. There might be some legal issues involved here. I am not ready to share yet as I might jinx getting my other Ivory.  It will come after I get the Ivory.  I will also start my Copper and Green Build when I expose this issue later.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
I like the older kettles. I'll keep buying them and hiding them where I can. Hope it gets worked out for you. Is the CS different for USA and Canada?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »
The color is clearly off. I hope you get satisfaction, and I'm curious as to what the other thing you're talking about is.

My latest dealing w/  CS was a couple weeks ago and was great- they sent me an 18" and 22" ash assembly for free. I have no complaints.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »
I like the older kettles. I'll keep buying them and hiding them where I can. Hope it gets worked out for you. Is the CS different for USA and Canada?

Not going to dampen my whole Weber experience because of this incident.  Kettle God has been incredibly good to me.  He will make things right for me.

I too love my older kettles. My faded Black, Dark Green, and Yellow MBH, 18" Cado, Red and Blue Gen1 MT, Red Bar-B-Kettle and much more I acquired this year.   What's that not to like about my Weber journey this year as a whole.

As for CS, I have called 4 times this week and all of them went to US but some went to different location in US.

The color is clearly off. I hope you get satisfaction, and I'm curious as to what the other thing you're talking about is.

My latest dealing w/  CS was a couple weeks ago and was great- they sent me an 18" and 22" ash assembly for free. I have no complaints.

The other issue... much bigger than this... not ready to share yet as I have stated.   
My 2 dealings with CS up to this point has been great too.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:03:14 PM »
Is the CS different for USA and Canada?

The original rep that I spoke with had a foreign sounding name/accent. I had to call her back (area code was 224/Chicago), and her voice mail message was in both English and French. Based on that, I'd say no, CS for USA and Can is the same.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:21:04 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 06:09:37 PM »
I hope they get their shit together. The times I've called it's been a fabulous customer experience. If they are going to start being assholes and not helping their customers then that may be the beginning of the end for them.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 01:23:12 AM »
I'm glad they have another one for you..

Craig

• WKC Mod
Be Warned - Special Edition Master Touch purchase.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 08:04:59 AM »
While I get that there is a legitimate issue here, let's please refrain from turning this thread into a Weber bashing thread. Or talk about dropping bombs later on as it were. Weber DOES monitor our site. They are listening to the community. I'm not trying to minimize anyone's issues or gripes but let's not let an unfortunate one-off turn the view of or sites namesake into a bash fest. Greenweb I am sorry about your MT. I do hope it gets resolved amicably.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:07:04 AM by Craig »