Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ~Pellet Poopin' Bullet Mods~ Mod Month submission  (Read 1932 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
~Pellet Poopin' Bullet Mods~ Mod Month submission
« on: September 17, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »
The pieces of the puzzle are coming together!

The Pellet Poopin' Kettle is now a full blown pellet powered WSM on wheels!!

I scored a brand new never used 22" WSM lid with handles that a TVWBB member was giving away for FREE-the only catch was it was a local pickup only in Columbia, MO!! My good friend Mark Hunsaker lives there and was kind enough to pick it up and ship it to me.

A few of the upgrades/Mods I've been slowly working on are:

Smoke Daddy/Pellet Pro PID controller with a heavy duty hotrod and a Stainless Steel hopper lid upgrade.

Durawood table slats.

The 22" WSM lid with thermo and bezel.

Added some Cajun Bandit kettle conversion grate brackets and lowered the deflector plate.

I'm now able to use both grates if needed.

Did some modification to the Weber Hanging Meat rack, so it will fit my Hunsaker Smokers Clone can, BPS Drum Smoker and the 22" WSM.

Planning on adding an Unknown BBQ lid hinge and that should do it.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: ~Pellet Poopin' Bullet Mods~ Mod Month submission
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
Kick ass.. Could you do a product review on the pellet conversion plz.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: ~Pellet Poopin' Bullet Mods~ Mod Month submission
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »
Kick ass.. Could you do a product review on the pellet conversion plz.

@MINIgrillin

I did one for the WSM conversion for Smoke Signals Summer 2014 the WSM Edition - a BBQ Brethren online magazine.

Pages 42-43

http://issue16.smokesignalsmagazine.com/

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:45:14 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!