Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Nothing Fancy  (Read 991 times)

Geezer

• WKC Brave
Nothing Fancy
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
Just good eats!

Pork loin rubbed down and ready for the cook.

On another Weber, we have some potatoes, peppers, and onions.  And, an apple cobbler for dessert.

Just over an hour on indirect heat and internal temp hit 145 degrees.  Time to take it off and wrap in foil for a bit.

The apple cobbler was a big hit!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Nothing Fancy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 01:56:49 PM »
I would love to make a cobbler on the grill. Man, that looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »
Looks great!  The apple cobbler looks like a great desert idea. Pork loin looks goood too!

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »
The cobbler is so easy, so simple.  Here ya go...

You'll need the following:

1 cup self rising flour
1 cup whole milk
1/2 stick butter*
1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar*
1 can fruit pie filling of your choice

I use a 10 inch cast iron skillet for mine on the grill. Melt butter in the skillet and leave it there. Mix flour and sugar together and then add the milk. Pour batter, it will be thin and runny, into the skillet of butter. Do not mix or stir. Spoon pie filling into skillet, dropping it all over. Do not mix or stir.
Place on grill, indirect heat, top and bottom vents wide open. Check in 15-20 minutes and rotate skillet 180 degrees. 30-40 minutes total time should do it.

*The original recipe that I had called for 1 stick of butter but I thought it was too much and I halved it.
**It also called for 1 cup of sugar. The pie filling is pretty sweet itself and my first one was too sweet, so I backed off on the sugar.

Today, I did apple and I added just a touch of cinnamon to the batter and sprinkled a little more on the top. I've done blueberry and blackberry before and they were excellent. This was my first time with the apple and I think it the best one so far.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 03:49:31 PM »
Hey, thanks for sharing that recipe! My bride does it the same way in the Dutch oven using the self rising flour. It just does its own thing (rising) without any stirring or fuss. Thanks man! I'm definitely going to try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk