Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Why I Use a Redhead with the KP  (Read 4932 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Why I Use a Redhead with the KP
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »
@swamprb that's pretty cool. Don't know if I could cut a redhead but that looks like a very clean mod. How is the lid double insulated? Posting to mod month?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »
@swamprb that's pretty cool. Don't know if I could cut a redhead but that looks like a very clean mod. How is the lid double insulated? Posting to mod month?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Patience and a steady hand - things I'm in short supply of!

Here is the how to:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/**chop-top-kettlepizza**-total-redhead-domination!!-~not-for-the-sqeamish!!~/
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

theduke

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
Probably a silly question since the KP itself is aluminum, but are you worried at all about that top sheet leaching chemicals at those temps? I considered doing that same thing but thought maybe SS would be the better option. Love that rig though!

Ok well I guess not? haha
Sorry, I wasn't trying to derail the thread but it seemed an appropriate place to ask. I've been using an old pizza stone on the top grate and it works really well but I do like that setup with the aluminum sheet and firebricks too.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 12:39:01 PM »
Better RED than.....

The stone was measured at 596*-793* with a IR thermo - getting Marooned! Darker than it appears.

The 500* engine paint is burning through the double lid! Still its a winner!

REDHEADS RULE!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
NICE !!!!  ^^^^^^
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.