Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Performer  (Read 2501 times)

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
Weber Performer
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:04:50 PM »
Is 170.00 to much for a 3 year old performer black, and that's with a twenty dollar deliver fee I tack on because I don't have a car to go get it and he's about 20 miles away? 150.00 grill and my add on fee. It also gas assist.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:06:36 PM by Garvinque »
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Performer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
I really don't think it's too much but it's all in what you are looking for, how bad you want it and what you are willing to pay. Can you see dents, dings, chips in pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 06:37:01 PM »
I agree with kettlebb. It's worth what you pay. You want it, get it. It's cheaper than brand new, and you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
Weber Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:43:17 PM »
I would ask the seller if there are any major chips dings and rust spots before you decide to make the purchase. I was lucky just this past weekend to have inspected a pending purchase of a gas assist performer and found a silver dollar sized rust spot on the lower bowl which was not shown on the photos. I was disappointed because I really wanted it but the damage was not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:45:31 PM by Bustin Butt »
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:46:38 PM »
Also FWIW, I recently replaced the regulator on my performer. While waiting on the part I bought the Weber fire starter cubes. The gas assist is nice to have but it isn't necessary by any means. If you find a cheaper performer without gas assist, don't pass on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 06:59:24 PM »
Thanks for all the feed back, just waiting for seller to email back. If he agrees I will have it by Saturday.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 07:29:07 PM »
That's not a bad price for a 3 yr old performer.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:56 PM »
It really all depends on the local market, how badly you want a Performer and your level of patience/how quickly do you want it.     If you want one pretty much right now, or if they almost never show up on CL in your area, then yeah, presuming it's in really good shape, it's not a fair price, considering the alternative is to drop $400+ on a brand new one.

On the other hand, if you have patience, are willing to wait and employ some CL notification tools, you could probably do better between now and next year.   At some point, someone will probably list a nice one for some stupid price (like $75 or less) and it could be yours.   I just missed out on one a couple of weeks ago for $40 that was in great shape.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 08:45:21 PM »
But that's the issue. It's the local market. Hell, I'd be lucky to find a performer for less than 200 bucks

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 04:16:49 AM »
I've been obsessively checking Craigslist for about a year.

Agree that if you want it right away and the Performer is in nice clean rust free shape $150 is not a bad deal for this time of year. 
If you can be patient in a couple of months checking CL every day my guess is that you could score a decent Performer for $75-$100.

From November through May there are lots of deals to be had in the Northeast in my area.
This past month seems to have been the sparsest amount of listings and the highest prices on Performers.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »
I bought both of my Performers used off of CL.  I paid $65 for the 1995 redhead and $85 for the black 2007.  Both had issues but were worth the price to me.  Both of these are gas assist.  I also bought a non gas assist older style performer for $100 but later sold it.  It ended up having some frame issues.  I say the three year old one is a good deal if it's in good shape.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »
I think its a good deal.  I've paid extra money to get people to deliver to me to.  The grill is under warranty for a while, so if anything is jacked up you'll be able to get it replaced by Weber CS.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!