Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Got me a Seville  (Read 8278 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Got me a Seville
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »
I got a can of gloss white tremclad today, and touched it up a bit. Looks a bit better than it did when I got it. I'm just wondering what to do with the tires, they're cracked but still solid. Would Armorall work to help.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
@Darko I believe you can still buy them from Woodard company they are still in business check em out
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »
We do have a source for new rear wheel rubber. It's not woodard. I don't have that link on my phone. I'll send it to you when I get home
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
http://www.djpatio.com/woodard.htm

Found it. In white and black. Wheels too.. cheers
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 11:48:45 AM »
What a classy gal!
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 11:48:58 AM »
Thanks. I'll be ordering a set, but at this time I'd like to rehab the originals as best I can.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »
Did you find it in Ontario?  She must have been a rare beauty up here even when new...
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
Great find @Darko!  The kettle is in pretty solid shape.  I think I would leave it alone as well.  Can't wait to see it with the cart touched up and the new wheels once you get them!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
Congrats @Darko.  She's a beauty.

As for the wheels, I personally dislike Armor-all.  It leaves a greasy look and my understanding is that it does nothing to actually protect the rubber.  I use 303 Protectant on all of my cars.  It's meant for boats and is a UV protectant.  Leaves a little bit of a shine, but it's a much more natural look than armor-all.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
Here's the original thread where it all started;http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/cado-seville-hamilton-on/

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
Did you find it in Ontario?  She must have been a rare beauty up here even when new...
Yes. It was a few kilometers from my house. The lady that sold it to me... her father was the original owner.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »
Congrats @Darko.  She's a beauty.

As for the wheels, I personally dislike Armor-all.  It leaves a greasy look and my understanding is that it does nothing to actually protect the rubber.  I use 303 Protectant on all of my cars.  It's meant for boats and is a UV protectant.  Leaves a little bit of a shine, but it's a much more natural look than armor-all.
Other than they're cracked, I'd like to keep them, just because the are the original tires.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »
Wow what a find!!!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Cellar2ful

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
Congrats @Darko

@Darko- I agree with Neil_VT00. Use 303 Protectant.  I have been using it on for over 10 years to protect the vinyl on my bass boat and jet ski. It will restore a rich black color to the tires without making them oily looking. I use it on all the plastic and fiberglass tables on Weber Performers. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 03:38:26 AM »
Never heard of 303 fellas. I'll write that one down. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.