Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2 Hour Back Ribs  (Read 959 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
2 Hour Back Ribs
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »
Back rib cooked at high heat....lid read 400-450 most of the cook. Rum cask wood to smoke and lump for fuel. Cooker used was a 1974 Red Weber. Ribs were first smoked then foiled then removed and sauced with a maple chipotle bbq sauce. Cook time on the ribs was a little over 2 hours. Tender tasty ribs in half the normal time. I added water to the pan underneath the ribs when a good crust had formed....about a half hour in.

Side to side this was one of my best cooked racks. There were no leftovers:

Took the opportunity to remove the covers from the outside Webers and pop a few shots:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 2 Hour Back Ribs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »
I need to try the hot n fast method. Looks good man. Is that a stacked wsm I see back there? What's the story with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »
Second middle section is a replacement from Weber. The Red MBH is from Harris. I love that cooker.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:25:49 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »
Love the ribs and the kettle family pics.  Thanks for sharing!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 05:58:58 PM »
Those are nice looking ribs. Did that little white dog get any?

And man I love that yardful of kettles.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 09:30:37 AM »
Looks great!  I did three half racks this weekend and didn't even think about trying one of them hot and fast.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!