Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Lid Holder  (Read 3671 times)

NewGuy16

• Smokey Joe
Weber Kettle Lid Holder
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience with the Lid Holder?  I'd really like to trus me use this with my new 22.5 Kettle.  I was at Walmart recently and they had the Premium Kettle discounted to $99 so I bought one for my first ever charcoal grill.  I'd really like t be able to just slide lid into holder instead of setting on ground, I don't want to chip porcelain.  I don't like looks of the hinge and was hooing somone here had experience and could give recommendations. 

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Kettle Lid Holder
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience with the Lid Holder?  I'd really like to trus me use this with my new 22.5 Kettle.  I was at Walmart recently and they had the Premium Kettle discounted to $99 so I bought one for my first ever charcoal grill.  I'd really like t be able to just slide lid into holder instead of setting on ground, I don't want to chip porcelain.  I don't like looks of the hinge and was hooing somone here had experience and could give recommendations.
The new model "lid bail" is what you want.
Someone will chime in with the part number for you.

1) You will have to be comfortable drilling holes through the porcelain coated steel.

2) The old version lid bail holds the lid in a way that encroaches on grate access.
Get the new version.

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 05:50:58 PM »
The lid hook on the Premium kettle works just fine. Might take a couple of tries to get used to it, but there's no need for a lid bail. IMO, after two plus years of using a OTG (Premium kettle now).

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:11:58 PM »
@NewGuy16 I'm not sure which lid holder you are asking for advice on, as there are two (three if you count the hook built into the lid so you can hook it on one of your handles). The slide aside works well, I've used it with no issues on 22" and 26" kettles. As stated earlier, if you don't mind drilling, you can  drill holes for the lid bale. Not sure if anyone here has added a lid bale to a grill with two handles, but I think you have room, just have to pick a side between the handles.
Uncommon sense seeker

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 06:51:09 PM »
i have the slide aside version on my 18.5. it's great. a little wiggling and the cheapo grey cover will fit over it.  during cooking, it's a bit of a snug fit, but the lid will fit over the hangers and seal up pretty well. no drilling required and it works on the larger kettles too. when grilling direct, it also turns the lid into a very effective wind break if you point the handle against the wind.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank