Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Ideas for a Party  (Read 2735 times)

Mayday981

• Smokey Joe
Rotisserie Ideas for a Party
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »
Hi everybody,

I just purchased the Weber Rotisserie add on for my Weber Kettle. I want to hold a party of 10-15 people and I wanted to get some ideas on what I can do. I think it would be neat to use the rotisserie when they're there. Would you guys have any suggestions or ideas where I could use the rotisserie to feed everybody? Has anybody used the Rotisserie to feed a group of people that size?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie Ideas for a Party
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 10:36:56 PM »
Ooooh, that is a big group.
 I can spin chickens two at a time, but that won't feed 15.
Pork loin can work out very well on the rotisserie, and you can make it as large or small as you would like by getting a full loin and cutting it down to fit. It can be stuffed, brined, glazed, bacon wrapped, etc.
Boneless ribeye roast sounds delicious, but it also sounds spendy.
$0.02

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »
I can think of a few items you could cook on your new rotisserie setup for your Weber kettle that would feed your group of 10-15 people.

My pictures and information will show these cooks in an EZ-Que rotisserie basket but the same thing can be done on your spit rod setup very easily.

This first cook will be a Cumberland Gap boneless ham and these weight about 7-9 pounds and sliced thinly will easily feed your group.

This next cook will be roast beef and I usually do two of them at a time and two will fit on your setup. These roasts will weigh about 3-4 pounds each and sliced thinly will easily feed your group.

The last cook and I don’t have any pictures on the Weber but you could cook two turkey breasts on your rotisserie setup at one time. These will weigh about 7 pounds each and this as well will feed your group.

Hope this helps...

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Rotisserie Ideas for a Party
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 05:12:57 AM »
Well, here ya go. The thought " how am I gonna feed all these people"???? Time for webertitis, and get another kettle!!!

Here's a stuffed pork loin Thread I did just last week. It might work too. Whatever you do, have fun, get pics and enjoy!

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/stuffed-pork-loin-25186/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:16:19 AM by Travis »

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 06:30:25 AM »
A couple of pork butts should do the trick. What, you've never heard of twirling a pork butt? I actually need to do it myself soon.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 08:50:45 AM »
If it's within your budget,  do a whole ribeye for Prime Rib.

Mayday981

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 02:27:11 PM »
Ooooh, that is a big group.
 I can spin chickens two at a time, but that won't feed 15.
Pork loin can work out very well on the rotisserie, and you can make it as large or small as you would like by getting a full loin and cutting it down to fit. It can be stuffed, brined, glazed, bacon wrapped, etc.
Boneless ribeye roast sounds delicious, but it also sounds spendy.
$0.02

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to have to try this out. Boneless ribeye roast sounds delicious. I wonder how much it would cost as well.

Mayday981

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »
I can think of a few items you could cook on your new rotisserie setup for your Weber kettle that would feed your group of 10-15 people.

My pictures and information will show these cooks in an EZ-Que rotisserie basket but the same thing can be done on your spit rod setup very easily.

This first cook will be a Cumberland Gap boneless ham and these weight about 7-9 pounds and sliced thinly will easily feed your group.

This next cook will be roast beef and I usually do two of them at a time and two will fit on your setup. These roasts will weigh about 3-4 pounds each and sliced thinly will easily feed your group.

The last cook and I don’t have any pictures on the Weber but you could cook two turkey breasts on your rotisserie setup at one time. These will weigh about 7 pounds each and this as well will feed your group.

Hope this helps...

This helps so much! Thank you for showing the pictures as well. They look delicious. I'm very happy that I bought this add on.

Mayday981

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »
Well, here ya go. The thought " how am I gonna feed all these people"???? Time for webertitis, and get another kettle!!!

Here's a stuffed pork loin Thread I did just last week. It might work too. Whatever you do, have fun, get pics and enjoy!

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/stuffed-pork-loin-25186/

This looks absolutely delicious! I'm going to watch that video and see if I can replicate the results.

Mayday981

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 02:34:30 PM »
If it's within your budget,  do a whole ribeye for Prime Rib.

I would love that. My budget is about $75. Of course I'm also preparing corn, shittake mushrooms, vegetables, so probably $60 for meat.

Mayday981

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »
A couple of pork butts should do the trick. What, you've never heard of twirling a pork butt? I actually need to do it myself soon.

Haha yeah I gotta try that. I hear pork butt is the best for rotisserie.

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:37:26 AM »
I love having a roti!   I bought a 5 bone standing rib roast (Prime Rib) in Metrowest Massachusetts........$180!!!!    $12.99 per pound
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie