Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Whole 30 on the Weber Kettles  (Read 1372 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Whole 30 on the Weber Kettles
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:06:19 PM »
After a summer that included three weeks in the Midwest with family and friends, a seven day cruise, and eleven days in Poland, I gained A LOT of weight.  20 pounds to be exact...so, when I got back to Poland on July 26, my lovely wife and I decided we would try the "Whole 30" program for the month of August.  I won't get into what it is all that much, but I WILL tell you what's forbidden:

breads, sugar, dairy, and alcohol (which SUUUUCKS).

On the plus side, it encourages protein, fruits, and veggies.  I thought it would be fun to try to do as much of our evening dinners on the Webers as possible.  So far, we are 13 days in, and we've grilled 10 of those days.  So, shown below are a collection of our cooks we've done so far.  I'll update this as much as I can for the rest of the month.  Enjoy!

Grilled Swordfish

Grilled Skirt Steak

Grilled Shrimp (sorry no grill pics...but here's the yellow after I took them off!)

Hamburgers (no bun) with homemade mayo...loved the dark red on my L code readhead!

Beef kebabs:

Sirloin steak with chimichurri:

Pulled Pork:

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Whole 30 on the Weber Kettles
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
Very nice! Before my wife got pregnant we went on a "diet". Not full blown paleo but mainly protein and veggies. A carb now and then but no sugar and processed stuff. We lost a bit and yo can tell in the pics before and after. I'll be subscribed to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:45:39 PM »
All that traveling I can see where you could easily put on that weight. Good deal with the program, man. Even better ya'll are doing it together.
Food looks great. Grills even better!
Keep up the good work, bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
Looks good.  Great food and great plates.  Be careful with the carbs it can lead to carb rebound which can make you crave carbs later after your meal. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson