Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Regional Forum Section  (Read 5543 times)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Regional Forum Section
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:12 PM »
@pbe gummi bear has his WhereYouAt? map. We could just draw circles around clusters for groupings.

Probably would have to block gerrymandering maneuvers by ChiTown fellas to stop them getting all the cool kettles. Oh, well. We aren't going to catch up with them anyway.

I did just recently join a local mailing list that does watch the sales sites. That could very well serve instead of adding more topics. The proposed new topics are intended to be a "Hey, heads up! Cool kettle near you!" right? Or, "Can you help me get this?" Mailing lists might be a better option.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 05:12:12 AM »
Ok, so lets figure out what some of these subregions are and how many people we'll really have

so for me, my region would be either socal, or LA, or OC?
I think I'd prefer to keep things bigger, just to give people in nebraska a chance to make a friend.
I know we have several socal people, what say you? @Jason @jamesnomore @fedex @lemisfits @Jon

@Troy I like the idea of a SoCal region, not enough members in SD and NoCal is to far away. The meet up threads are a good indicator of what regions already look like for some areas. Some areas are more condensed where others are more spread out. The idea of letting folks start there own regional conversations is a good one. Then you can have broad or specific regional conversations that folks can choose to converse in or not.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

lemisfits

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 05:55:20 AM »
Make SoCal as a region.
Looking for a lime or imperial blue...in my dreams.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 08:42:45 AM »
@Troy;  I think there is a member in Roseburg.  I'm in Eugene, several in Portland, but Washington has active members all the way from Puyallup (and below) to Bothell.  Bothell is 300mi from me, so a 150mi radius between Eugene and Bothell (don't know where that would lie)  ??? 

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 06:03:45 PM »
Us AZ kettle heads have text message group so we can alert each other when someone sees a grill on craigslist or offerup.  It works pretty good.  We are spread out a bit and have been able to agent for each other from time to time.

I like that idea, the problem is I am not sure who all is local since most people have to added themselves to the map. I was hoping this section would get people in and then we could do something similar.

I would be happy with just a general Regional Section and then we can make posts on local areas if wanted.

I think what Mike and Tom are saying could/does work.  :) 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:12:47 PM by Jason »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
Ok, so lets figure out what some of these subregions are and how many people we'll really have

so for me, my region would be either socal, or LA, or OC?
I think I'd prefer to keep things bigger, just to give people in nebraska a chance to make a friend.
I know we have several socal people, what say you? @Jason @jamesnomore @fedex @lemisfits @Jon

@Troy I like the idea of a SoCal region, not enough members in SD and NoCal is to far away. The meet up threads are a good indicator of what regions already look like for some areas. Some areas are more condensed where others are more spread out. The idea of letting folks start there own regional conversations is a good one. Then you can have broad or specific regional conversations that folks can choose to converse in or not.
I've never been to SoCal, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 01:46:19 AM »
I think us Ohio guys would be happy with just an Ohio section. There seems to be a pretty decent number of us now.

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 02:03:09 AM »
I think us Ohio guys would be happy with just an Ohio section. There seems to be a pretty decent number of us now.
Agree with this. ..
Us AZ kettle heads have text message group so we can alert each other when someone sees a grill on craigslist or offerup.  It works pretty good.  We are spread out a bit and have been able to agent for each other from time to time.

I like that idea, the problem is I am not sure who all is local since most people have to added themselves to the map. I was hoping this section would get people in and then we could do something similar.

I would be happy with just a general Regional Section and then we can make posts on local areas if wanted.

I think what Mike and Tom are saying could/does work.  :)
Search of Blue or Green MBH