Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally picked up a Kettle Pizza.  (Read 1335 times)

70monte

• WKC Brave
Finally picked up a Kettle Pizza.
« on: September 06, 2016, 07:28:28 PM »
Today I went to a Walmart that I don't usually go to and they had about six Kettle Pizza deluxe's on clearance for $79.  Since I have been wanting to try cooking a Pizza on the grill, I had to pick one up.  Now I'm going to have to do some reading to get some tips on how to work this thing since I have never attempted to cook pizza on a grill or even made one from scratch.

My only concern is that I only have two performers and my new mastertouch kettle to use and I've read that the high heat that the Pizza Kettle generates can cause damage to the grill.  My one Performer is a 1995 redhead so I won't use that one but the 2007 Performer and the new Mastertouch are both black.  I really don't want to buy any more grills but should I get a used Kettle off of CL to use with the KP or will what I have be okay for occasional use?  Thanks.

Wayne

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: Finally picked up a Kettle Pizza.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:40:15 PM »
Wow...  a dilemma for sure...  try it first.  But I wouldn't do it on the red head.   
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 03:36:18 AM »
Find a $20-$30 CL black kettle and dedicate it to kettle pizza. More kettles isn't really a bad thing. I'm also infected with Weberitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:15:14 AM »
I'd second getting a cheap kettle for pizza use. I have a Kettle Pizza too and the high temperatures were rough on the lid, so I'd be hesitant to use it on any special grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:42:01 AM »
I use my 96 performer and haven't thought twice about it.  If you are worried about damage then I agree with everyone else, just look around for a used black kettle for $20-$30.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:27:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I will probably try to find a cheap one on CL.

Wayne

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 08:17:38 PM »
You are going to love the Kettlepizza.  I found a cheap Weber on CL so I would wreck my blue Performer.

Whit