Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza dough dessert  (Read 2570 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Pizza dough dessert
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »
Decided to make a dessert using pizza dough.  I figured why not a simple apple turn over.  Simple ingredients and so good.  Would have been great with some vanilla ice cream.  It did not last long.
I have pics of my ingredients and my set up.  I had to use a aluminum drip pan for a pan because all my other pans were in use.  It worked ok.  I crammed in three cooks in one evening.  I will post the other two cooks later.   

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:35:02 AM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Pizza dough dessert
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:50:34 AM »
That looks great Dave!  I've been trying to come up with a unique pizza idea all month for the contest.  I think I finally came up with something, but am going on vacation on Saturday so I have two days to get it done.  Hopefully I can pull it off.  I'm already making pizza tonight for some friends so I don't want to do my contest experiment, but I might give your dessert a try!!!!  Did you precook the apples at all?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
I bet that was good! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
That looks great Dave!  I've been trying to come up with a unique pizza idea all month for the contest.  I think I finally came up with something, but am going on vacation on Saturday so I have two days to get it done.  Hopefully I can pull it off.  I'm already making pizza tonight for some friends so I don't want to do my contest experiment, but I might give your dessert a try!!!!  Did you precook the apples at all?

Did not pre cook the apples.  They turned out soft but not mushy the way we like them.  Hey you ,  figure out your own dessert LOL!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »
@Davescprktl -  Fine, I'll put pears in it!  haha!   My pizza contest idea is a breakfast item, so you don't have to worry about me competing against you in the dessert category.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 02:35:32 PM »
@Davescprktl -  Fine, I'll put pears in it!  haha!   My pizza contest idea is a breakfast item, so you don't have to worry about me competing against you in the dessert category.

You know I don't mind if you use my idea.  I'm more than willing to share.  Just messing with ya!  Using pears is a great idea.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:32:03 PM by Davescprktl »

smokster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »
Wow - that does look good!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
Good idea, I will have to try that,
May The Smoke Be With You!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:00 PM »
that looks pretty tasty! What kind of apples did you use?

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 10:08:37 AM »
that looks pretty tasty! What kind of apples did you use?

Granny Smith apples.  Wanted a firm apple.