Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribeye or tri-tip?  (Read 1115 times)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Ribeye or tri-tip?
« on: August 07, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »
We're celebrating our anniversary and to me that's a great excuse to cook a nice meal. I went to the store to buy ribeye but once I saw tri-tip was on sale I immediately changed my mind and put the ribeye back. I was kinda surprised at myself.

Have you ever done this?

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ribeye or tri-tip?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:11:35 AM »
I'll take a tri tip any day!!!  Good luck on the dinner and congrats on the anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Ribeye or tri-tip?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »
Happy Anniversary!! Oh man, tri tip is my favorite. It works well for my family because my girls like beef cooked medium, my bride like med-rare and I like more of a med-rare more to the rare side, and you get that with this cut of meat.

I like to season with Evoo, kosher salt, fresh crack black, fresh minced garlic and fresh rosemary. Cook indirect at a low medium heat, probed, until 125-130. Rest while getting a piping hot grill, sear a minute a side and serve hot, right off the grill.... Reverse sear method... I could have just said that.

Mmmm, now I'm gonna have to ask my butcher to cut one for my family! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:30:32 AM by Travis »

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 09:56:30 AM »
Tri tip is the winner!...hands down!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 03:57:53 PM »
Happy Anniversary!! Can't go wrong either way.
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!