Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Abt's for work  (Read 1421 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Abt's for work
« on: September 04, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »
What's up fella's!

Finished up 2nd shift tonight. Today before heading in I cooked up about 60 Abt's to take in for the boys and me. Threw them on the 26r with an extra 22" grate on top of baskets for the 2nd tier. Cooked at 275 for 1 3/4 hr with pear wood.

Learning curve, the top rack Abt's were darker than the bottom. I wonder the heat difference between or smoke effected them, but they didn't even last till dinner

The one on the left was on the top rack

Now it's time to down a few brews with the boys to celebrate the end of the week. Have a great Labor Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:17:50 PM by Travis »

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
Re: Abt's for work
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:34:20 PM »
Love me some ABT's and beers.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
Oh yeah!!!!!!!  I did turds last night and had some neighbors over.  Even their 9 year old daughter gets excited when they hear I am doing turds!!!  Have you tried mixing some diced onion and brown sugar in your cream cheese?  It's awesome!!!!  I also throw in Cheddar Lil Smokies!  Glad to see you did them somewhat slow and low.  Your bacon looks exactly like mine.....look burned but isn't.  I usually do mine 225-250 for 2 hours as a snack while smoking something else that is going to take most of the day.  I also like to leave some guts in one or two of them then sit back and see who gets the spicy one!  Unfortunately for me, I got the Atomic one last night!!!!  LOL.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:14:46 PM »
Oh yeah!!!!!!!  I did turds last night and had some neighbors over.  Even their 9 year old daughter gets excited when they hear I am doing turds!!!  Have you tried mixing some diced onion and brown sugar in your cream cheese?  It's awesome!!!!  I also throw in Cheddar Lil Smokies!  Glad to see you did them somewhat slow and low.  Your bacon looks exactly like mine.....look burned but isn't.  I usually do mine 225-250 for 2 hours as a snack while smoking something else that is going to take most of the day.  I also like to leave some guts in one or two of them then sit back and see who gets the spicy one!  Unfortunately for me, I got the Atomic one last night!!!!  LOL.
I absolutely do Mike. Your the one who told me of the brown sugar when I was first trying these. It's a staple ingredient now. I use brown sugar, finely minced onion and garlic, fine sharp shredded cheese, salt n peeper and chipotle chili seasoning if making them for adults. Leave it out for the kids. Like you had said before mild and sweet for the kids. These ran around 250 for the duration. I think it was 1 1/2, not quite 2 hours. I've done smokies in them too, and they are awesome! Thanks!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »
I absolutely do Mike. Your the one who told me of the brown sugar when I was first trying these. It's a staple ingredient now. I use brown sugar, finely minced onion and garlic, fine sharp shredded cheese, salt n peeper and chipotle chili seasoning if making them for adults. Leave it out for the kids. Like you had said before mild and sweet for the kids. These ran around 250 for the duration. I think it was 1 1/2, not quite 2 hours. I've done smokies in them too, and they are awesome! Thanks!

Ok good!!!!!  LOL.  I've been debating adding some seasons once rolled up but every time I ask my neighbors what they think they tell me not to change anything.  I need to try some with some cheddar cheese in them.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 02:25:33 PM »

Ok good!!!!!  LOL.  I've been debating adding some seasons once rolled up but every time I ask my neighbors what they think they tell me not to change anything.  I need to try some with some cheddar cheese in them.
I really like that cheddar cheese in the mix. After you fill them sprinkle a little more cheese on top before you wrap them or after you put that Smokie in them. It's really good man.