Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Jr find.  (Read 9413 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Genesis Jr find.
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2019, 02:32:49 PM »
Hands down one of the most useful gassers Weber made. Heats up like a champ. Easy to do offset with one burner lit. Great for roti cooking. Seems to sip propane so a tank goes a long way. Easy to move. The only grill my wife will use alone. I could go on. I honestly use it more than my Summit Grill Center. I have a three burner waiting for a restore, but I am asking myself “why bother”?

So yes, I like the Gennie Jr a lot. Make the trip. I would love to find a black as a backup myself.
Retired

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2019, 04:23:53 PM »
I had a red one and a black. Restored them both. Kept the red one for myself and passed the black on to my best friends mom for cooking on at her lake house. You cannot go wrong with a Jr.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2019, 06:10:52 PM »
Absolutely make the trip. It’s the only gasser I wanted... stalked mine for over a year before picking it up enroute to the meetup a couple of years ago. Very, very happy to have it. Rarely gets used (simply because I prefer cooking on a kettle), but definitely does the job when called upon. Plus, it just looks cool. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 03:40:43 AM »
I bought one a few years ago and brought it directly to my parents house.  Dad was using an old Char-broil gasser that was missing a wheel.  I try to use the Jr. every chance I get when I’m there.   

Go get it.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 04:14:13 AM »
Would y'all stop posting about the Jr. so I don't add it to the list of things I wouldn't mind having
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 10:07:42 AM »

Would y'all stop posting about the Jr. so I don't add it to the list of things I wouldn't mind having

You wouldn’t mind having a red Jr and a black Jr, Joe. Really. [emoji6]

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 10:09:55 AM »

You wouldn’t mind having a red Jr and a black Jr, Joe. Really. [emoji6]

There in lies the problem, my 1 want always turns into 2 especially if the red appears first
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
Starting to get an itch for one of these too.

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2019, 03:27:22 PM »
I love my Genny Jr’s. I seen two pop up for free this week. There like the Prius of Weber. 

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 08:35:36 PM »
Genesis Junior

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 03:19:00 AM »
Love the matched set @swamprb ! Grate execution.

Marty
Retired