Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New OTG question  (Read 3352 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
New OTG question
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
I was looking at my manual  :o for my new otg and noticed that there was no picture or description on how to assemble the one touch blades( i bought the floor model)  do they ship from the factory preassembled?  I am wondering because the blades look wrong as they don't seem to line up when closed or full open.  I looked on Weber's site for schematics or the manual and found nadda, anyone have an answer? Thanks.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: New OTG question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »
I was looking at my manual  :o for my new otg and noticed that there was no picture or description on how to assemble the one touch blades( i bought the floor model)  do they ship from the factory preassembled?  I am wondering because the blades look wrong as they don't seem to line up when closed or full open.  I looked on Weber's site for schematics or the manual and found nadda, anyone have an answer? Thanks.

Both of the new OTG's I've gotten came with the blades already installed.  Call Weber, they'll fix you up. 

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

G

• WKC Ranger
Re: New OTG question
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
In my experience, they come preassembled. 

I assume you have the newer style with the H clip.  Assuming the blades are equidistant from one another, you may have to remove the sweeper arm and rotate the blades either 90 or 180 degrees until it is aligned.  I usually place them so they completely cover the vents, then look underneath as to the alignment of the holes where the sweeper arm connects and rotate until correct.  If all else fails, call Weber.  Good luck.....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:23:26 AM by G »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
I was helping my brother in law assemble his Xmas gift, and was surprised to see the vents all pre-assembled and installed. Hope you can get yours straightened out, Ron.
One of the charcoal people.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »
The blades are numbered one, two, and three. Make sure they are assembled in order. That should do it for you.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:56:07 PM »
Thats funny.. :-\  My new scratch 'n dent 22.5 black OTS has the H blades also unassembled. This will be my first go at the H style too.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
There is also the twist thing you have to do to lock the blades in position after you line them up and push the H clamp through the bowl.  I know there are instructions included when you buy the replacement blades, so maybe on Weber.com there might be a link.  It really is not that hard but without instructions it would be changeling. Good luck.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 08:52:24 PM »
I know Brian posted instructions and pics in a thread but I can't seem to find them
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 03:05:24 AM »

What happened here?
'Cause I got a set to fix some friends kettle, so if it's a challege, I can walk thru the instructions........ ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 03:58:37 AM »