Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for some advice from the community  (Read 3530 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Re: Looking for some advice from the community
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 08:47:27 AM »
Out of all the accessories I have the one constant that I need/use every cook is my Maverick.  Its unbelievable I  never had one till this year! Even if your running hot your food usually turns out great!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 09:17:50 AM »
Yeah, although I don't have a Maverick, I do have the Weber wireless dual probe rig...that is always hooked up when I'm doing anything low, and slow. A pit/meat temp probe is a must.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:28:41 AM by Don_ »

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 08:24:40 AM »
You need to ask yourself why you're looking to invest in more equipment first. 

If you want to expand your cooking portfolio, what do you want to cook that you absolutely cannot do with what you've already got?  I would venture a guess that you're already equipped to cook a much wider variety of victuals than you think without blowing hard-earned savings on gadgetry.

If you just like buying new toys (and there's nothing wrong with a little healthy consumerism) then of course the list is endless.  I would be cautious asking advice in this matter though since everyone by way of human nature thinks you should buy what they have.

My personal philosophy is that you can't go wrong with rugged reliable basics, but at the end of the day it all comes down to you and your backyard cooking goals - be honest with yourself and don't let anyone else tell you what are 'must-haves' until you verify for yourself.

"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »
I want to echo other responses and say a decent dual probe thermometer should be near, if not at, the top of the list.  After that I agree with @DarrenC post.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Cellar2ful

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »

I also agree with DarrenC's advice.  For me, the tools I use the most  are a remote thermometer and my Thermapen. I have an old Maverick ET-71 and use it on whole chickens, tri tips, turkeys, pork loins and turkeys.  Pretty much a requirement for monitoring temperatures without having to lift the lid and drop your temperatures. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"