Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 4250 times)

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
I don't care if you use the ranch once a year..
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
I couldn't see using a ranch enough to justify buying /keeping one.  If I bought one I'd be flipping it the next day.  A 26 I could use almost everyday.  But I don't own either one so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 04:18:22 PM »
I got sniped out of a Ranch yesterday, and the whole scenario had been running through my head before I got stood up by the seller.

Which grills will have to go to make room for that behemoth? What cover will I get? What mods am I going to make?  I couldn't sleep I was so excited. Unfortunately I won't have to make those decisions, but what I came to realize was that I just wanted it to have it and it would likely get used as little or less than my Mini Ranch 26.75" OTG is currently getting used.

A 26.75" OTG won't break the bank.

How many of us are willing to pay retail for an RK? It is a lot of real estate, and replacement parts aren't cheap.

Two friends of mine had RK's they wanted to use primarily for catering, but they found them too big to haul around without trailers and paid $600 from folks that used them very little, they ended up using them very little and when they ended up putting them on craigslist - they had bidding wars and one sold for $800-the other $850! Not a bad return?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »
If I had to be down to only ONE kettle in my arsenal, I'd have a 26. Best of both worlds, for everyday cooking, smoking, AND entertaining. IMO the 26 is Weber's most practical size. "One stop shop" of cooking, if you will. But that's just me.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 05:17:54 PM »
I'd keep the ranch, no question. Anything I can do on the 26, I can do on the ranch with a bit of effort. Things I can do on the ranch, I can't do on the 26'er

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 05:18:52 PM »
I've owned a Ranch Kettle for about 12 years.  I wouldn't buy a new one at this point in my life, but I won't sell the one I have.  I used this past Memorial Day weekend and will use it several times this fall  for tailgating.  Also, the fit very  nicely in the back of a pick- up truck and can be easily lifted by two people.   

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 05:44:05 PM »
If you had to create a this poll to sway your decision, means you are emotionally attached to both.
Personally, I would keep both. IMO, you will regret selling any one of them.

Don't over think it. Unless, you really need to free up some cash ( sell Ranch ) or wife says divorce if not one gone ( sell 26 ), it's not always logical choice. If it was the case, none of us would ever have more than half dozen kettles ever to use and have in possession. You know better than anyone here what your heart is saying. It is telling you to keep both. 8)

I not fortunate enough to own either of them, but if I did- only reason for me to get rid of one would be is if I got nicer Ranch or nicer color 26.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
What would you do?
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 05:49:24 PM »
I personally have always wanted a ranch.  I told my wife I wanted the BIG weber grill many years ago when we bought our first house.

Honestly, the first one I ever saw was being used was outside of an east side entertainment venue.  Stl guys may know of such places.  The monster grill in the parking lot was a lot more fun to watch in action than the entertainment inside. 

Anyways, I still want a Ranch.  If nothing else just to cook on for one big ass event every 5 years or something.

Long story short...id keep the ranch and find a way to keep the 26 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:54:57 PM by blksabbath »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 05:57:12 PM »
Tough call but my votes with the 26r as well. Unless you're cooking for crowds the size is "just right" IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
@ramsfan  Surprised no one asked this "What COLOR is the 26"" if red I'd keep it and sell the RK just my thinking
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 06:55:32 PM »

I would sell the ranch and keep the 26". I own both but have only cooked on the ranch as I recently acquired the 26" on CL for cooking large turkeys. I find I only use the ranch when cooking for groups of 30 or more (maybe once a year).  If I sell the ranch, I can still cook for large groups by using several 22's and the 26". The ranch is a impressive thing to drag out and cook on for large groups but a pain to store the rest of the year.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »
I'd get rid of the person that suggests you can only keep one. Problem solved!
22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
Have you used the ranch more than once in the past year. If not, I would get rid of it and keep the 26. But a 26 is more easily replaceable in the future. I don't know what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 07:43:56 PM »
   I don't have either but if I had both the ranch would go bye bye. More accessories for the 26 and the biggest parties I've cooked in required two 22's to get the job done.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »
It would really depend on the reason I had to get rid of one. If it were for money I would sell the ranch. If it were for space I would get rid of the ranch. For any other reason I would let the 26 go.
May The Smoke Be With You!