Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettles always on top  (Read 4907 times)

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Kettles always on top
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 06:37:18 AM »
I own a PK grill and have been very pleased with it.  Being cast aluminum it is very durable and holds heat very well.  I' ve cooked chicken on it and was able to lock in at about 350 with no issues.  Also, it breaks down easily for travel.  The only drawback is they are sort of small, although you can buy several sizes of vertical grates that add capacity.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 07:04:39 AM »
I own a PK grill and have been very pleased with it.  Being cast aluminum it is very durable and holds heat very well.  I' ve cooked chicken on it and was able to lock in at about 350 with no issues.  Also, it breaks down easily for travel.  The only drawback is they are sort of small, although you can buy several sizes of vertical grates that add capacity.

They are also heavy (for the size)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 07:05:54 AM »
I really like the Grillworks even if I won't be able to afford one. As much as I like the kamado style cookers, a wood burning grill will probably be next if I can save up that long.

http://www.grillery.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=Free+Standing+Grills

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:57 AM »

I really like the Grillworks even if I won't be able to afford one. As much as I like the kamado style cookers, a wood burning grill will probably be next if I can save up that long.

http://www.grillery.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=Free+Standing+Grills

Oh man, those are cool as hell!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 08:59:37 AM »
No grill is perfect in form and function. Maybe Weber kettles come close.  Esthetics , weights,and price aside, appealing qualities of PK are-  history same as Weber. Started in 1952 with same design and made in USA.  - hand poured highest quality aluminum alloy cast body. Durable and rust proof. Homedepot.com has it at $369.  It is like buying brand new 1952 kettle. How cool is that.    If Weber sold today the original Buoy 1952 kettle for resonable price, I'd buy it. I have never seen one or know much about it,but PK ranks in top grills in most of links I have provided.

I think I have gathered enough info on them to pounce on a deal if it ever came up in the future.  I doubt it though with PK or Dancook as I have never seen them come up for sale used.  Yesterday, I missed out on real nice Napoleon kettle with SS side table with cover for $150 obo. Think it sold for $120 or 130. they go for $450 new. I am willing to spend 100 to max 120.  I have another one without the table for 150, down from 175 in works. Waiting to hear back but doubt he will go for 120. Will see what happens.

I did not intended to discuss other grills when I started this topic.  I just wanted to see if anyone here owned any one of them and what they thought as a side topic.  Thanks MDiBar and welcome!   Wonder how many more of you own 3 previously mentioned grills, but lets move on to Weber related topics now.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »
I should have not taken swamprb remark as directed to me.  It made more sense to assume his agreement with my topic. " Yeah! Weber is always #1 so don't F with it"     I am cool with it now.  Hope I provided some amusement and laughter on my behalf for getting uptight. 

No no man. You're good. A lot of us here are so into our thing we bleed Weber Red. So when the idea of other cookers comes up it seems kind of preposterous. We really are just a bunch of bbq nerds. Harmless for the most part but some of us.......shit most of us.......are damn good cooks. To spend the kind of time we do around bbqs and not become a good cook would make us some stupid.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 09:49:10 AM »

They are also heavy (for the size)

Agreed. I could see some problems with lifting it in my 90's or so :)

Actually, a problem that I see, and I haven't cooked on mine yet, is that the cooking grill isn't recessed. So when you're cooking some dogs or something, it would be real easy to send them rolling off the grill. Maybe they've addressed that with the newer versions. No idea.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 06:43:19 PM »
I'm just waiting for the Big Red Egg.

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 07:24:14 PM »
Mmmhuh....elusive - very elusive

- Keep it simple stupid -

Keep it simple stupid

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 08:26:15 PM »

Here it is. Very hard to find and one of kind ....

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 12:46:12 AM »

Believe it or not they made them in blue for a very limited time.